cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 167

Email system repeatedly shuts down

Over the last week or so I have faced an unacceptable situation with BT email. I sign in online and the systems can sign me out with an hour, ten minutes or even under a minute. I am using the correct (new) BT address.  If I'm lucky, an incomplete email might be saved as a draft. Am I alone in facing this problem?

Neil

166 REPLIES 166
Message 2 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

No Neil, you are not alone - I came to the forum to investigate that very problem. 

I click the "Keep me signed in" box but I get signed out (kicked off, disconnected, whatever you want to call it) after a random time - maybe a day, maybe 2 hours, maybe less. There is no pattern.

I'm going through the new email login screen via Google Chrome,  which worked perfectly with the old email setup. 

Mods - @PaddyB for instance - are you aware of this? 

Message 3 of 167

Peter - that I'm not alone gives me a small amount of comfort.

For the Mods, I am using Microsoft Edge with Win10 - both absolutely bang up to date. I can check the 'Keep me signed in box' and yet sometimes get immediately disconnected.

This problem is not what I expect from BT...

Neil

Message 4 of 167

Hi @MNarshall & @PeterE17 I'm really sorry about the problems you're experiencing. Our email would like to take a look at this and I'll send you both a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 167

@NeilO - thanks, private message has been sent.

@MNarshall - Neil, knowing that two browsers fail should help the tech team. I hope. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 167

@NeilO - you might want to look at this post -   https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Signing-into-email-constantly/td-p/2317222   - three more reports of the same situation.  

Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 167

Thanks, @PeterE17 I've passed over your details, can you let me know what device you're using to access BT email on Chrome?

I'll also let them know about the other thread.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 167

Just a basic check. Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies since the changes were made to the email system?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 167

@NeilO Thanks, I use a Toshiba Satellite Pro running Windows 10 - that's currently only my connected device 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 167

@gg30340 Thanks, but yes, partially - I cleared all the BT cookies I could find when I was switched over to the new access method although I'm not going to sacrifice my entire browsing history because it's useful at the moment (but I might try again when time allows, I'll delete cookies and BT browsing history). 

0 Ratings