cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000

If you only ever access your email using webmail, why are you paying for a BT Premium email account?

The only thing Premium about BT Premium email is the price.

I'll let you into a little secret, on one of my devices I have Thunderbird installed. I did it a couple of years back when BT was having a hissy fit and wouldn't allow a log in on WebMail for an extended period. I open it once every couple of months just to make sure it still works, and to have a backup of emails. I can live with the price, though I could live with it much easier if it was fully functional like the old Yahoo system

I absolutely simply hate Thunderbird though, don't ask why, I just do...

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 167

Email disconnections have returned November 2023

It looks like the email disconnections have returned (according to posts by @Lch , @PaulieDDT@Stephen5000 , @Froggy_Lady  @Sue036  @Bert4545  @MNarshall in the original threads which might be best left to moulder so that the old information doesn't clash with the new). 

I had a couple of good weeks from 23rd October to 6th November but since then I'm being kicked off after 2 hours, or a day, or anything really, as the other posters have mentioned. I'm pretty sure that our various devices and browsers haven't all failed at the same time. 

@NeilO - your help was most appreciated during the problems of early October, which seemed to disappear, but they are back and I think we need your help again. BT Webmail suits most of us, it has worked well in the past and will work well again in the future but for the moment it's playing up. 

Message 143 of 167

Re: Email disconnections have returned November 2023

@PeterE17wrote:

It looks like the email disconnections have returned (according to posts by @Lch , @PaulieDDT@Stephen5000 , @Froggy_Lady  @Sue036  @Bert4545  @MNarshall in the original threads which might be best left to moulder so that the old information doesn't clash with the new). 

I had a couple of good weeks from 23rd October to 6th November but since then I'm being kicked off after 2 hours, or a day, or anything really, as the other posters have mentioned. I'm pretty sure that our various devices and browsers haven't all failed at the same time. 

@NeilO - your help was most appreciated during the problems of early October, which seemed to disappear, but they are back and I think we need your help again. BT Webmail suits most of us, it has worked well in the past and will work well again in the future but for the moment it's playing up. 

You gotta wonder if BT has had some work experience guy in the office who wondered, 'mmm... wonder what that button does...' 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 144 of 167

@PeterE17  I have to say that in my experience, the issue never actually 'disappeared' so could not therefore return. I would say the best I have managed with not having to sign in is 2 days.

0 Ratings
Message 145 of 167

@PaulieDDT My apologies, I was skimming the replies to see which of the original posters had returned. I'm glad you've brought up this point though, it will be useful for the mods to know.  

0 Ratings
Message 146 of 167

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry the BT mail site is logging you out again. I've raised this with the email team and we'll post back when we have an update.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 167

@NeilO 

Thank you for that information - but is it going to take as long to fix as last time?  For the last few days, I've had to sign in again at least five times per day.  Frustrating isn't a strong enough word!  I tried eliminating bt.com from my cache as I did last time but it's had no effect this time. 

I think you have a lot of irate customers at the moment who might even be considering changing provider.  So please, please, on behalf of all those affected, get it sorted as soon as possible.

Message 148 of 167

@Froggy_Ladywrote:

...I think you have a lot of irate customers at the moment who might even be considering changing provider... 

"...considering changing...",  maybe, but apathy is the providers friend LOL We write irate letters in our head, full of good intentions of, "I'll show'em..." but we rarely do... 😂

0 Ratings
Message 149 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

@Stephen5000 

I agree.  I also have a gmail address and there are never any problems with it.  (Touch wood!)

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 167

Add me to the list of affected BT Email users. Very unimpressed to be going through repeated log-outs multiple times a day yet again. For the amount I get charged for my BT Internet account each month these reoccurring problems with the Email "service" are both unacceptable, and frankly, inexcusable from a company the size of BT.

The slow response when users report problems, lack of acknowledgement & updates is also very unprofessional & another example of the poor customer care  BT now offer those (over) paying for this service.

Like other long standing customers I have felt tied to BT Email because so much of my online life over the last 20 years is held there. The Yahoo disconnect was both shambolic & a major step backwards, and now we're seeing the service degrade even further.  

BT, get this sorted !!

0 Ratings