cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

Sue, ditto for me. I haven't experience a problem since Thursday.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 167

Please BT, for the love of all's that's holy - can't you just offer an email system that works?? 2 latest errors... I'm getting awfully upset with you now!

error try later.jpeg

unexpected error.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 113 of 167

@Stephen5000

I would suggest that your problem(s) are not the same as the main one of this thread and your posts are getting lost in this thread.

It would be easier to follow if you started your own thread and give the details of what is happening with your email account.

Include details such as what device you are using, what operating system it is using, what web browser you are using, what webmail version are you using and what exactly is happening along with what you have tried to do to resolve the problems.

Message 114 of 167

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000

I would suggest that your problem(s) are not the same as the main one of this thread and your posts are getting lost in this thread.

It would be easier to follow if you started your own thread and give the details of what is happening with your email account.

Include details such as what device you are using, what operating system it is using, what web browser you are using, what webmail version are you using and what exactly is happening along with what you have tried to do to resolve the problems.

TBH, I can't really be bothered anymore. This email system is so fundamentally flawed, and I've spent years repeatedly reporting faults, I'm just accepting now it'll never work like the old Yahoo system they dumped in the trash and offered up this instead.

As long as I can 'workaround', which so far means just having to compose a 'new' message, then sending. Where it won't send a response to a chain of an email, I'll make do.

It really shouldn't matter what OS, browser & device I'm on, it should just work. GMAIL does, and NetScape use to always work too, and that was 30 odd years ago LOL

Shame really, it genuinely use to be so good...

0 Ratings
Message 115 of 167

@Stephen5000

The problem is with your email account not a generic problem with BTMail.

If it was with BTMail there would be a lot more posts about the same problems as you are experiencing and that is not the case. 

I agree that there were many problems when the migration from Yahoo was ongoing but those early problems have been resolved and the system would appear to be relatively problem free, that is until the last update however that now appears to have been resolved.

As regard operating system etc, I use BTMail across many devices with different operating systems and browsers and it does "just work".

The reason I asked you to post those details was to help with the diagnostics in order to try an replicate the problems.

In any event if you can not be bothered with it any more I'll leave it at that. 

Message 116 of 167

The 'random' log out seems to have been cured. HOWEVER, it still logs out if I do an intervention on my email, like, 'refresh' it, or access a subfolder, or hit the 'send' button, all at random, all instantaneous takes me to log in screen.

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 167

@Stephen5000 

I'm glad to read that you seem to have cured most of your problems - as have most other posters on this thread judging by the lack of messages this week.

My random log-outs were instantly fixed when I followed the suggestions of @Ultraviolet13 (Message 103/116 on 17/10).  Of course, it might have been BT finally recognising there was a fault and doing something about it!

Have you followed Ultraviolet's advice?  If not, I strongly urge you to do so.  It worked for me.

0 Ratings
Message 118 of 167

P.S. Ultraviolet's advice was on 15/10 no t17/10 and to be found on page 11 of this thread. Hope that helps.
0 Ratings
Message 119 of 167

Issue not fixed, I'm still having the same issue, for around 3 weeks now I'd guess?

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 167

Hi, @MACMAC this problem was fixed on the server by the BT email team. Have you tried clearing the cookies and cache in your browser settings? Many of the affected customers had to do this in order to clear the problem after the fix was put in place.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings