cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Emails to gmail failing authentication from my own domain via BTInternet.com mail

Using Thunderbird, as I have been for years:

Recently I'm starting to get fails sending to gmail from a couple of personal domains, which use btinternet.com

under the old email version, I could list authenticated emails and BT /yahoo would take care of it, and after the new email arrived it continued to work, but I could never find a screen to add additional authenticated emails.

Now it appears the old ones have bee dropped 😞

Is there to reauthenticate my domain emails?

sent as if from my email@mydomain.org

We could not deliver your message as the email provider of the person you were 
trying to send to has rejected it. If you have tried to send to multiple people,
we have listed the people who did not get the message below and the reason. Your message was rejected by gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com for the following reason: 5.7.26 This mail is unauthenticated, which poses a security risk to the 5.7.26 sender and Gmail users, and has been blocked. The sender must 5.7.26 authenticate with at least one of SPF or DKIM. For this message, 5.7.26 DKIM checks did not pass and SPF check for [ashill.org] did not pass 5.7.26 with ip: [213.120.69.18]. The sender should visit 5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for 5.7.26 instructions on setting up authentication. jb3-20020a05600c54e300b003fbb29b61casi960470wmb.19 - gsmtp The following recipients did not receive this message:

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Emails to gmail failing authentication from my own domain via BTInternet.com mail

Please edit your post, your gmail address is still accessible under the text.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Re: Emails to gmail failing authentication from my own domain via BTInternet.com mail

Yes, I noticed that, but the edit option has been removed.

wrighar_0-1689953237665.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

The option to edit a post only lasts for an hour from time of posting then the option is removed. A moderator has edited your post to remove the email address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

I tried adding an MX record, and that has stopped all email being sent now, so I need to removed the  MX record and get back to 95% working.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

The SPF record should look like this

v=spf1 mx a ip4:213.120.69.0/24 a:btinternet.com include:<my domain name>.com ~all

Message 7 of 15

The only option the domain host has is address (btinternet.com) or IPv4 address, and optionally 'priority'

I added btinternet.com and all mail was 'supossably' routed via BT, and then all email stopped (send and recv)

I've removed the MX record npw and can send and recv from everywhere again excpet sending to gmail.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Only options are for MX records:

wrighar_0-1690124222510.png

Options are limited: 

wrighar_0-1690124334362.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

You enter SPF details in the txt field

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

It wouldn't let me 😞 Rejects special chars like = : /

0 Ratings