cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Error 553

I tried to respond to an email today and was hit with Error 553. It seem my I.P has been PBL blacklisted for some reason.
I have no idea why, as I am not a spammer, nor do any of my emails contain malware etc. Please help!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error 553

Hi @markdal, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry that you're getting this error. If it's due to your IP then try disconnecting your BT Hub for 15 mins and reconnecting it as it should be allocated a different IP address after this time and let us know if it resolves the issue.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi John. Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried this, but still no joy . I have been able to reply to other emails without this issue. Could the issue be at the senders end?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @markdal, it's unlikely to be from the senders end. 

Are you using a VPN if so try switching it off and sending the email.

Have you tried changing the content in the subject field of the email?
If the issue persists after that then it's likely we'll need to get your details passed to or email experts.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi John. 

Yes I've tried all of these. It does seem to only apply to one company, Showery.co.uk. I've been sending and replying to other senders with no issues.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @markdal, thanks for the prompt response. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll get this raised for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings