cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Gifting Existing Email Address

Go to solution

In order for my wife to be fully automatous (e.g. two factor authentication, resetting her password, ... etc ...) I was wanted to gift her existing email address to her. As I recall, I selected the "gift an existing email address to another person (move to affiliate account)" option and this sent a link to the email address that I wanted to transfer.

Q1. If she accepts the invitation, does her account retain its "Normal" status i.e. she can use her Outlook client with unlimited server space?

Q2. Assuming that the answer to Q1 is "Yes", is her email address still then linked to our home broadband package and paid for accordingly? Or does she have to pay extra?!

Q3. If for whatever reason my wife doesn't respond to the invitation within 30 days, what happens and can I rescind the gift?

Q4. The 30 day period may well have expired and looking at the emails against my account, my wife's email now has a status of "Locked". How can I resolve this?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Gifting Existing Email Address

Go to solution

@BARNESIP wrote:

In order for my wife to be fully automatous (e.g. two factor authentication, resetting her password, ... etc ...) I was wanted to gift her existing email address to her. As I recall, I selected the "gift an existing email address to another person (move to affiliate account)" option and this sent a link to the email address that I wanted to transfer.

Q1. If she accepts the invitation, does her account retain its "Normal" status i.e. she can use her Outlook client with unlimited server space? Yes

Q2. Assuming that the answer to Q1 is "Yes", is her email address still then linked to our home broadband package and paid for accordingly? Or does she have to pay extra?! It is still part of your 11 email addresses linked to your BT Broadband account.

Q3. If for whatever reason my wife doesn't respond to the invitation within 30 days, what happens and can I rescind the gift? Presumably going by your next question she not accepted it! 

Q4. The 30 day period may well have expired and looking at the emails against my account, my wife's email now has a status of "Locked". How can I resolve this?  The email account needs a new password set. Use the forgotten password link and follow the prompts.

Creating BT Email addresses? | BT Help

Message 3 of 3

Re: Gifting Existing Email Address

Go to solution
Thanks for the confirmation. All transferred across without issue.
0 Ratings