cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

@rbz5416 I have had my bt email for over 25 years and have friends all over the world. To change it would be really difficult.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Re: Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

@landie57 I hope BT read this and do something quickly!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

It wouldn't be as difficult as you may imagine.

• Create new email address.
  • Send batch email to all of your contacts advising the change.
  • Start sending all future email from the new address, possibly with a reminder of the new address in the signature.
  • Continue to monitor the BT address & any time a message arrives, reply from the new address with a reminder of the address change.
  • You can also set up a rule in the BT account to forward everything to the new address.
  • If you use an email client, you can have both accounts within the same client.

You may be pleasantly surprised at how quickly the BT account fizzles out.

Message 14 of 26

Email Spam

In the last week I have been absolutely inundated with spam emails - has something changed?

Message 15 of 26

I have just posted the same problem - started a few days back - so annoying

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Exactly the same for me - strangely we have four Bt email addresses and it is only happenening to one
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

It's happening to two of the three BT email addresses we have. I keep marking them as spam and blocking the domains they are coming from, but they are still coming through.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

The system I’ve worked for years is one email address for friends and family.  A second one for business, banks, utilities etc.  And a third one for any muppets that feel they must have an address before you can use their website etc.  Suffice it so say, the third one gets replaced periodically.

I don’t use BT mail but this system has always worked well for me with the providers I do use.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

@rbz5416wrote:

It wouldn't be as difficult as you may imagine.

• Create new email address.
  • Send batch email to all of your contacts advising the change.
  • Start sending all future email from the new address, possibly with a reminder of the new address in the signature.
  • Continue to monitor the BT address & any time a message arrives, reply from the new address with a reminder of the address change.
  • You can also set up a rule in the BT account to forward everything to the new address.
  • If you use an email client, you can have both accounts within the same client.

You may be pleasantly surprised at how quickly the BT account fizzles out.

In addition, which can take a little extra time - is to change all website logins that currently use your btinternet email address as the login ID.

Message 20 of 26

@Andy_Nwrote:

In addition, which can take a little extra time - is to change all website logins that currently use your btinternet email address as the login ID.

Fair point, but that could be done each time you log onto a site after the change, rather than having to do them all at once. Although the BT email address will remain live, so can continue to be used if in a hurry. Just like with a PAYG mobile, just need to send the occasional email from the BT address to the new one to keep it live.

0 Ratings