cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

How can I get my BT email on iPhone

Since changing my phone, I have not been able to configure my BT Internet email account to recieve emails by phone. This has been going on for over a month. Does anyone know what what is causing this?

When I try and install the account, I have to use the "MAIL.BTCONNECT.COM" SERVER (since my account is currently a business account)

Someone please tell me what is going on

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: How can I get my BT email on iPhone

This is the BT residential forum, you need to post on the business forum

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

My account is due to be moved back to Residential (my email is @btinternet.com)

I dont have an easy way to report the problem in the business forum (they screwed up my online profile)

If you cant help me just because my account has not yet converted to residential, then fine - I will wait until 12 Aug and then it will be converted. 

Just seems bureacratic 

Message 4 of 17

If you are trying to configure an xxx@btinternet.com email account just configure the account manually using these  settings.

Message 5 of 17

If your email account is a btconnect.com account this forum members or moderators  can not help because they do not have access to the BT resources to assist.

If it is a btinternet.com email account make sure you are using the correct server settings as per this link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

I have set the settings to the reccomended.

But it simply says the the BT servers are not responding or it says the credentials are wrong (even though I can use the credentials and log into the email on a browser)

Here are the settings:

IMAP

Host Name: mail.btinternet.com

User name   xxxx.xxxx@btinternet.com

Passwrd :     xxxxxxxx

SSL         Use SSL

Authentication:    "Password"

Port 993

SMTP

Host name:    mail.btinternet.com

User name:  xxxx.xxxx@btinternet.com

Passwrd : xxxxxxxx

Authentication:    Password

Port: 465

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

If you are not  currently a btinternet customer or paying for premium mail, the mail account will be Basic mail which is only available via webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

My account is now residential. my email ends in btinternet.com and when I enter the details to configure my emails, all I get is --- The IMAP server "mail.btinternet.com" is not responding. 

Cant someone from BT help sort this out?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

so are you now a BT broadband residential customer with an @btinternet.com email address?

can you log in to your new btinternet.com account using a web browser?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

ve always had a btinternet.com email and I have alsways been able to login via browser.

0 Ratings