cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

I Wish the ability to select more than 50 emails at a time

Go to solution

Hi

I find it very annoying and frustrating when deleting 2000 emails that i cannot select more than 50 at a time unless i manually tick the box's

Please bt let me choose more than 50

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: I Wish the ability to select more than 50 emails at a time

Go to solution

You can select more than 50.

Click on the box to the left of the first email you want to delete and assuming you want to delete all the emails that are below that you can either press on your keyboard  "shift" key and "PgDn" key repeatedly and it will mark all the other emails with a tick or use the "shift" key and the down arrow. This will also mark all the boxes with a tick or tick the first box you want to delete and holding the shift key move to the last email you want to delete and tick its box and release the shift key. All the emails in between should now be ticked.

If you don't all the emails that have been marked with a tick deleted you need to go down the list and untick the ones you want to keep.

Once you have done that you then click on the "Delete" button in the menu bar which should delete them on mass however if it does not work, once they have all been ticked, you should try to drag and drop them into the trash folder.

If the above is to big a task you could install an email client/app, setting it up as an IMAP account and you should be able to select and delete all the contents of the inbox and this should be synchronised with the BT servers .

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hello

Thankyou for your time in replying.

I unfortunately don't have a pg. down key on this 2021 Dell Inspiron 3511 laptop 😞

James

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Presumably you do have a shift key so that you can use the other method I suggested " or use the "shift" key and the down arrow". 

If the "shift" key doesn't work try using the "Fn" key and down arrow. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Can we use this system for archiving 40,000 emails?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@PGThompson 

An email client like Thunderbird configured as IMAP,  does have the facility to archive emails to a local folder on a PC.  The archive can be configured to put each year/month into its own folder.

It also has a very comprehensive search and indexing facility.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Unfortunately this is not 100% accurate. I find that it will only allow me to select approximately 600 messages at a time. I then have to delete those and reorder the remaining emails before I can select the next 600. If I don't reorder them first some of the ones I just deleted are still in the list.

Are you aware of any system for automatically transferring email to an archive type folder (e.g. pending deletion) which then deletes them after a set interval?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

No.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

One might ask why you have so many emails to delete currently.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

One might, if one were being a bit haughty. However, it would not shed any light on how to get rid of them efficiently. Reducing the number of time wasting emails that come from various mailing lists and are rarely read is a separate job

As it happens I have discovered a solution to the bulk deletion issue through the use of a smart mailbox in Apple Mail. I have set one up that collates all emails that are in my inbox which have a date sent that is not within the last two months. I am then able to check that there are none I wish to archive before selecting all and deleting the lot.

0 Ratings