cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 47

Keep me logged in

Until two weeks ago the email login screen included a tick box marked "Keep me logged in". That box has now disappeared and I keep getting logged off. Is this a deliberate change, or is there a new way to stay logged in?

Patrick

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
Message 2 of 47

Re: Keep me logged in

Was about to ask the same question, ithas started to happen to me in the last few days. 

Brian

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 47

I have been having the same problem ogver the last week.  real nuisance.  Any clues as to why yet?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 47

Yes me too!!!

Absolutely ..a pain in the rear! I do NOT want to have to log in with Blo*** Captures  every time I log in! BT PLEASE GET THIS SORTED!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 47

BT Email

Why has BT email changed as I now have to log in every time I check my emails, Is there a way to stay logged in.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 47

Re: BT Email

At present the answer is no there is no way to stay logged in.

That may change at some point in the future but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 47

Re: BT Email

Thank you, Its a PITA as stated, BT emails on my mobile stays log in but prefer to use my laptop for business emails.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 47

BT are aware of this, however I doubt it will be a high on the list of things to do job.

If you want to stay logged in then just use the BT Mail app on your mobile phone.

I hardly ever use BT Email through logging on via computer, so always just login and then log out.

Also, what about security if you leave computer login as keep logged in and you're using a public or shared device?

It's not that hard for somebody to come along and gain access to what you've just been looking at and doing.

Even always logged in just at home isn't always safe if somebody gains backdoor access to your computer or BT account.

Also, try another web browser and see if it still occurs and just check your web browser or any third party programme, to make sure that cookies for BT Email are not being deleted when you exit the browser etc, as that could clear any cookie BT are using to keep you logged in.

Finally, however, I'm happy if BT Email logs out automatically on computer or mobile etc after a set timeout or after an app update for example.

Having to login after that is good for security and also helps to make you keep remembering your login details, even if you're used to autofill with passwords etc.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 47

It's not the logging in so much as those damn captcha photos which seems to take 3 sets to complete log in, a complete annoyance! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 47

@jaret139wrote:

It's not the logging in so much as those damn captcha photos which seems to take 3 sets to complete log in, a complete annoyance! 

@jaret139 Have you read this post? The captcha photos are triggered by using a VPN, does that help?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-Email-system-robot-check/m-p/2357968#M112281