cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 47

Re: Keep me logged in

Thanks for that , just read the threads, I suspect that the vpn Mcaffee is the culprit, will disconnet and see how it goes.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 47

Two days ago I received an email from "BT Community Forums" (a "no-reply" address) asking if my question had been answered.

As with my other query the problem appeared to have gone away, since sometime last week I had a login screen with a box marked "Keep me signed in".
I ticked it and duly remained signed in ... until just now, when I was greeted with another login screen and no box to tick.

So my problem has not been resolved and I cannot record an Accepted Solution.

During the time I stayed signed in I realised that nobody had really explained what had happened. Was the change deliberate? If so, why was it made?

Patrick

(In order to post this I had to sign in again.  This time, signing in to the Community rather than to my email, I had a "Keep me signed in" box.  I ticked it.  Maybe that will fix it for now.)

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 47

For the time being I am remaining logged in to the community forum, but not to email where I have had to log in twice today (so far). So the old login screen I had last week only gave me a brief respite. The original problem remains.

Patrick

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 47

@PatrickPhair 

The forum log in page has no connection what so ever with the BTMail log on page so it is irrelevant that you are kept logged onto the forum but not to BTMail.

The BTMail log on page has had the "stay logged on " box removed by the BTMail developers for what ever reason and there is no indication that it will be reinstated.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 47

What is even worse it is a 2 stage login, you have to enter username , click for a 2nd screen to enter password.

Also although the login has changed it was was not announced or communicated by BT , with reasons

Message 16 of 47

@gg30340 

So we're back to where we were months ago!  Am I right in thinking it has something to do with the link-up with EE?

It's even more frustrating now as I thought the log-in problem had been sorted.  It's happening more frequently than ever.  The situation was not improved by being hacked last weekend - which took four hours over three sessions with BT to resolve.

Message 17 of 47

@Froggy_Lady wrote:

@gg30340 

So we're back to where we were months ago!  Am I right in thinking it has something to do with the link-up with EE?

It's even more frustrating now as I thought the log-in problem had been sorted.  It's happening more frequently than ever.  The situation was not improved by being hacked last weekend - which took four hours over three sessions with BT to resolve.

It has nothing to do with the "link-up" with EE. EE do not offer an email service to residential customers.

It is as BT stated in the following link and the fact that the roll out of the "new" email interface was, like most things with BT, not tested in the real world to ensure that it would be fit for purpose.

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

Message 18 of 47

@gg30340

So once again BT is letting down its paying-through-the-nose customers.  When is going to catch up with tried and tested and up-to-date technology?  (Hypothetical question!)

Message 19 of 47

It has nothing to do with 'tried and tested up-to-date technology' we are talking about a webmail interface.

If you want better technology use the proper tool for email, a mail client designed for the job such as Thunderbird or EmClient rather than a bodged up interface for a platform designed for web browsing.

Message 20 of 47

@licquorice 

It shouldn't be necessary.  I have no problems with Gmail.