cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 54

Re: Keep me logged in

@Froggy_Lady  It is not a question of necessary or not.  Even if the BT webmail was up to Gmail webmail standards, I still wouldn't use it. A mail client is a far superior method of accessing mail and if you have more than one provider (as I do) much simpler as all the email addresses are in one place.  If you have Gmail and BT mail I recommend you try it.

Message 22 of 54

A lot of things shouldn't be necessary but some times it is better to do something that shouldn't be necessary rather than to just keep banging your head on the wall. 

Message 23 of 54

Extremely annoying - thought it was my new device
Message 24 of 54

@J007 

I can't believe it's still happening.  This has been going on for months.  Logging in every couple of weeks is acceptable but multiple times a day?  I'm not only banging my head against the wall but tearing my hair out!

When the login box appears, it doesn't even show the eye so you know you've typed your password correctly.  Why not? It used to. It also used to have the option to "keep me signed in".  That has now disappeared as well.

I recently took out a new contract with BT when the problem seemed to have been resolved - otherwise I would be leaving now.  Why does BT have to make accessing your own emails so difficult and time-consuming?

Message 25 of 54

See messages 19 and 21

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 54

@licquorice

I know you keep mentioning client mail but I have no idea how to do it.  And why should I?  Everything was working perfectly up to a few months ago. I'm not a business user.  I just want to send and receive emails from friends, and order online, nothing complicated.

Message 27 of 54

Mail clients are not just for business users. I'm just a normal user in his seventies sending and receiving a few emails.

Using Thunderbird is extremely simple and you can just try it in conjunction with webmail, it's not a case of either/or, both can be used at the same time.

Go to https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/ and click on the 64bit Windows download button. Once it has downloaded, click on the downloaded file to install it. Once it has installed just add your email address and password and Thunderbird will automatically configure itself.

Give it a try and you won't look back.

Message 28 of 54

@licquorice

Thank you for that information.  It sounds quite simple even for someone of my advanced years!  I will try it tomorrow when I have more time.  I'll let you know how it pans out.  Thank you again.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 54

Many thanks Liquorice for your thoughts. I've torn enough hair out over this. Does using a client have any impact on whether one is set up on POP3 OR IMAP?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 54

Set it up as IMAP .

That way it will replicate all your folders and synch with everything on webmail.