cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

@scharterwrote:

@Stephen5000  Rubbish, any software update should go through extensive beta testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) before being released to the real world.

LOL, yes indeed, having been on IT since the launch of Windows 3.1, I have witnessed numerous 'faulty' software launches. Even the might MicroSoft had a nightmare with Windows 8 which was, and even they admitted, atrocious and cost them £Millions! You just gotta accept that software is simply far too complex to be tested for every simple eventuality that real world usage will never expose.

In addition, the fault that is the subject of this thread is not due to a software update, which remained the same at v2.27.1 - it was a fault that happened (yes, I don't know how either...)

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 175

Go to solution

@scharter wrote:

@licquorice 

Because it isn't. If you try to add the BT mail client to Apple mail, it refuses to accept email address and password. If you'd care to search, you'll find a myriad of threads saying the two are imcompatable. Each blaming the other.
Changed everything possible, IMAP, protocols etc.
If you do actually do know better, I would be delighted if you can enlighten me, and the rest of the world who use Macos and BT Mail.
Many thanks for you help.

Gosh, going by your reckoning my family are doing the impossible. Four members of my family use the Apple email app to access their BTMail accounts using IMAP and one member uses POP3 and it all works the way it should.

I better tell them they are wrong because from what you have said it is incompatible and it doesn't work! 

Message 73 of 175

Go to solution

@Stephen5000   Ah yes, the well know Bill Gates Microsoft/Windows uodates/interations.  Minimal tesing, release it to the world and use 1billion Windows test it for free.

I worked in 2nd level IT support for 40 yrs, inculding a high profile worldwide bank, and we could never release anything without stringent testing (for obvious reasons), but do admit some errors did get through.

So, if BT mail hasn't been updated, there is a connection somewhere that has. It just 'doesnt happen'.

RCA needed.

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 175

Go to solution

@scharter wrote:

I worked in 2nd level IT support for 40 yrs,

Oh dear

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 175

Go to solution
@gg30340. Then lease enlighten me distiguished Sage.
0 Ratings
Message 76 of 175

Go to solution

@scharterwrote:

@Stephen5000  

RCA needed.

They use to be my favourite record label, Elvis Presley recorded on them you know...

Message 77 of 175

Go to solution

@scharter wrote:
@gg30340. Then lease enlighten me distiguished Sage.

scharter, aspiring expert,

The accounts were set up in the same manner as any other email client/app would be set up using the correct settings supplied by BT in the following link.

As somebody who has 40 years experience in 2nd level IT support I would have thought you would know that and not make such a sweeping statement as "it is not compatible"

BT Email server settings | BT Help

Message 78 of 175

Go to solution

Apologies for changing the subject.

When I posted my comment I ticked to say I wanted to be notified by email of updates on the post. 

How do I turn this off? 

I am now receiving every update and the majority are not about the subject of the original post.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 175

Go to solution

@Molly4wrote:

Apologies for changing the subject.

When I posted my comment I ticked to say I wanted to be notified by email of updates on the post. 

How do I turn this off? 

I am now receiving every update and the majority are not about the subject of the original post.

Look at the heading of the thread, click on the 3 dots to the right, click on, 'unsubscribe'...

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 175

Go to solution
Thank you Stephen5000
I have just tried this and I am getting an error message

Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.
Return to my original page

Is this because BT got me to delete my browsing history and cache trying to fix my original report of the links not opening up in new tabs.
0 Ratings