Message 61 of 111

Re: Logging in to email

Go to solution

I've tried that a number of times 

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 111

Go to solution

Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies.

Are you using the "new" email log on page? It is the one that will be displayed when you click on the Email button at the top of this page. 

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 111

Go to solution

Yes, I am using the Email link from bt.com

I just cleared all the history, cookies, etc and I still get the same problem - the email link returns me to bt.com, sometimes before entering my login details and sometimes not

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 111

Go to solution

What device,  operating system and browser are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 111

Go to solution

Professionally custom-built laptop.  Windows 10 (up to date).  Chrome (updated earlier today, cleared browing history, cache, etc).  BT email has been ok with this for years until yesterday

I found today that BT email is working with Firefox

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 111

Go to solution

@licquorice 

You're absolutely right.

BT as an ISP is indeed the embodiment of a clapped out Trabant & I will therefore, at the first opportunity, look elsewhere for one which actually provides the service it promises & for which I pay a premium.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 111

Go to solution

@licquorice 

I've been with BT for 24 years & never used anything other than webmail & it worked just fine, right up to the point BT decided to increase profits by going 'in house' & ditching their partnership with Yahoo.

It's sucked ever since & despite YEARS of problems, BT has singularly failed its client base regarding email.

No excuses remove the culpability of BTs directors regarding this rubbish service.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 111

Go to solution
@SteveH1949
If you have BT email bookmarked in your browser, log in to email via the button at the top of this page & then update the link in your bookmark.
Worked for me.
0 Ratings
Message 69 of 111

Re: bt email not functioning properly

Go to solution

Fully agree

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 111

Go to solution

I had not bookmarked this - was going via bt.com then selecting the email link at the top right of the page

Curiously I was able to sign on through Chrome today (though very slowly), having not made any changes since yesterday when it did not work

0 Ratings