cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 99

Logging in to email

Go to solution

The new email logging format has appeared on my PC. I tried to log in and was told there is an error with my account. BT inform me to contact the "Help Desk" (where is that as it isn't obvious on its "Help pages") with a bmx_2xxx reference. I don't appear to be  able to find where to enter this reference. I am already still very disappointed with the BT "New Email Format" as the address book is still totally random and not in alphabetical order, like EVERY other email provider I have ever used over 30 years. Does anyone have any ideas?

98 REPLIES 98
Message 2 of 99

Re: Logging in to email

Go to solution

DownDetector is alive with errors. I have been trying to log in to all 6 of my email accounts and have had the same response as above. My experience with BT has been worsening over the last year, and  Iwill move to Sky or Trooli within the next month or so.

BT have some good ideas, but are very poor at implementing them?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 99

Re: E mail log in

Go to solution

I cannot log n. I have gone round and round in circles, now it says ' too many requests '

Message 4 of 99

Error when logging on 22 march 2024

Go to solution

We been told BT email is changing. I think it happened to me this morning.

There are now a couple of new steps to fill in before you can access email. I can input username, email and password but then I get an error flagged up on the bt.com page -   it says to quote 'bmx-2xxx' from the url. I can see the bt.com page and can access the menu to get to emails this way. This is a pain on desktop - but at least I can see emails. I can't get past the login details on my phone.

Message 5 of 99

Re: Logging in to email

Go to solution

I have the same problem, sometimes i get the old email log in page and that still works but then i get the new one and it refuses to move away from the page were you put your user name. It then comes up with the error too many attempts. When i do get in and get timed out i just get a blank screen were as in the past it took you back to the log in page so i have to start the same frustrating cycle all over again.

I have wasted so much time over the last week trying to get to my emails, why do we have to jump through hoops every time BT decide to "improve" the service.

Message 6 of 99

Re: Error when logging on 22 march 2024

Go to solution

I've been getting these messages since the "change" and I'm frequently having issues trying to access emails on both the mobile phone and desktop.  Same issue today on desktop, same error code as you however I cannot access emails. Absolute pain in the axxx!

Message 7 of 99

Go to solution
Same for me today (22nd).
When I try to log-in to mail, I get "Too many requests". Going in via main site I get a code 'bmx-2008'
Why BT has to change things when it was all working OK, I do wonder !!
Message 8 of 99

Go to solution

Yes, what a mess this has turned into – a very good example of "fixing something which ain't broke".

Endless "too many requests" responses when trying to log in to Webmail.

When I do eventually get to the log-in page it takes forever to load.

Nothing happens when I press Login after entering my credentials or after a long wait I get the "too many requests" response.

John

Message 9 of 99

Go to solution

I'm not getting past the following error message:

Cannot login to BT email: "Too many requests"

I see it's being reported here:

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/

And they have the cheek to increase their prices for this shambles in just over a week's time!!

Message 10 of 99

Email - Too many f=requests - unable to login to email account

Go to solution

I keep getting too many requests when trying to login into BT email account, what is wrong. This is since new BT update.

0 Ratings