cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Mail app - iPhone and iPad

Go to solution

Latest versions of everything. The mail app won’t open on my iPhone or iPad. On both devices it crashes before opening properly. I’ve tried restarting the devices. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mail app - iPhone and iPad

Go to solution

Which mail app? If the BT mail app, just uninstall it and install a proper mail app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Yes, the official BT email app, on both devices. Given that the failure to open is identical on both devices and after being fine for years has just started doing this at the same time on two separate devices, I was wondering if there is a known issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Forumcloud Welcome to the community, I'm sorry that shouldn't be happening. I'm not aware of any known issues with the app on iOS devices and it's working ok for me. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BT email app to see if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Forumcloud The BT mail app is hopeless, save yourself the grief and get rid of it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

What do you suggest instead? The native iPhone/iPad mail app isn’t great either.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I recommend Blue Mail for Android, but I'm not sure it is as good on Apple products. Give it a try.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Forumcloud I've used the native Mail app. on iPhone, iPad and Mac for years and it's always been rock solid. There are plenty of alternatives though.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Deleting & reinstalling seemed to work … but the fact that the issue was identical on two separate devices at the same time prompted my initial question. Thanks for everyone’s responses.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

It’s also just stopped working for me. I will try deleting and reinstalling.

Update:   It now works.