cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 6

Mail server not responding

Go to solution

On my Apple iphone email I am getting "Cannot get Mail, the mail server "mail.btinternet.com" is not responding.

I’m having this issue following holiday in Vegas. Now in Cancun and cannot access emails via iPhone. Tried to login via desktop but sends a verification code via email which I obviously can’t access.

Not back in UK until 27th May and need to access emails re flights home etc .

Just wondering if anyone could help to get this issue resolved?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6

Re: Mail Server not responding

Go to solution

I’m having the same issue following holiday in Vegas. Now in Cancun and cannot access emails via iPhone. Tried to login via desktop but sends a verification code via email which I obviously can’t access. 
Not back in UK until 27th May and need to access emails re flights home etc . 
Just wondering if you had any luck getting this resolved? Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Mail server not responding

Go to solution

Hi @heleny1 welcome to the community. I'm sorry to see you're having problems accessing your BT email when on holiday. Are you using a public wifi connection at the moment? The most common reason for this happening is due to the IP address of the public wifi being on a blacklist.

If possible can you try an alternative connection, also if you haven't tried already I'd also recommend using the BT email app to see if you can access this way?  You can download it from the Apple store on this link.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Neil, thanks but unfortunately I only have access to public wifi until I get back to UK. 
The BT Mail app is not working for me either 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Brilliant, that has worked. 

Thank you so much!! 

0 Ratings