cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Moving emails to sub folders

Its a nightmare - the other thing you need to watch out for is that once you have moved or deleted an email the system automatically highlights the email next email down, so if you don't notice and highlight another email to move or delete it, the system automatically deletes or moves the one it has highlighted - Before I realised this was happening I kept losing emails and then accusing people of not replying saying I hadn't received emails when they had sent them. The system is far from user friendly on a PC - mostly I end up resorting to dealing with emails through my iphone or ipad.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Presumably using a mail app. Here's an idea, why not use a mail app (client) on your PC instead of webmail. Thunderbird and EmClient are both free.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@Suey wrote:

Its a nightmare - the other thing you need to watch out for is that once you have moved or deleted an email the system automatically highlights the email next email down, so if you don't notice and highlight another email to move or delete it, the system automatically deletes or moves the one it has highlighted - Before I realised this was happening I kept losing emails and then accusing people of not replying saying I hadn't received emails when they had sent them. The system is far from user friendly on a PC - mostly I end up resorting to dealing with emails through my iphone or ipad.

To stop the next email being selected when moving or deleting an email go to the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right then go to “Mail” in the left hand column. Then in the General Settings untick the box “View next mail after delete/move”. Then click “Save”.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

I normally just drag the email to the folder listed on the side but did try move to and yes the sub-folders disappear.

I then tried using the down triangle at the top of the opened email and it worked that way.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

thank you - that has solved the problem

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

I am logging into email through the BT website
0 Ratings