cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 52

Re: My BT Email Format has changed overnight

Thank you so much! With one click , well four actually, and the wretched colours have gone!
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 52

@psgk 

See link for what browser versions you need or rather are recommended.

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

Thunderbird will work regardless of which browser you are using and it should work with the operating system you have.

I suspect that you have been fed a line about BTMail not working with your operating system because the Customer Service rep didn't have a clue what else to say.

What browser are you using to access your email? Have you tried clearing its history and cookies?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 52

@Hedgeparsley 

It often helps to search the forum or have a look for threads that mention the "new" BTMail because most of the moans questions have already be answered.

Message 14 of 52

@Hedgeparsley wrote:

Sorry I don't understand what you are suggesting. It would be very helpful if you could go into more detail please. All I know is that I sign into to BT which brings up my BT internet email messages. I reluctantly have a gmail account but don't use  that except rarely on my phone. I don't want to have to change my email address from the BT one so I don't see how I can do anything other than accept these pointless (in my view) changes BT have made. I am not a novice by any means but if you could explain a bit more I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you

Download and install the free mail client Thunderbird. https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/

Just enter your email address and password and it will automatically fill in the correct settings.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 52

Hello gg30340

Thank you for your helpful guidance,

I've tried clearing the cache, history and cookies but it made no difference I'm sorry to say.

I'm using the latest release of  the Safari browser on my Mac laptop,  as the BT Tech Customer Support person asked me this when I rang them.

I've  also tried  logging into BT webmail using MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox and the results are identical. No Folders and the Delete and Move To options in BT webmail are not working either.

The BT Customer Support person I spoke to this morning asked me to look for the version of BT mail that was loading onto my computer. I couldn't see this in the address bar but have subsequently seen that it is MX 3.0.9.8. It flashes up as the email application loads.

I've received an email from BT saying they are investigating my complaint!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 52

You are on the latest version of BTMail.

Keep us posted with how you get on with getting it resolved meanwhile you should try using Thunderbird as suggest by @licquorice. See message 14.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 52

I agree. It is dreadful. I saved a draft email earlier and when I returned to 'keep composing' it was littered with symbols and gobbledegook and in a completely different font and format. This upgrade (and I use the term loosely) has clearly been released without proper testing. Is it designed by Fujitsu?

How do we escalate these problems to BT?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 52

I am not sure but it has just taken me 15 mins to work out how to print off an attachment. I know changing email providers is a **bleep** but I am seriously considering it as although I am not a stupid person I can’t cope with this new format…which wasn’t requested and has been forced on me without an option to change it back 🤬🤬🤬

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 52

My connection speed is less than 20MB/s and it's taking 5 seconds to download and refresh each mail message.  The graphics are pointless and the system is verging on being unusable.

BT don't try and fix what at the time wasn't broken - IT IS NOW!!

Message 20 of 52

I don't have this box anywhere that I can see. The new Mail layout is terrible. The font size is too small, you can't permanently shrink the left-hand column so it takes up too much space, weird little coloured boxes with pointless initials, yuck, I hate it all!
0 Ratings