cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 52

Re: My BT Email Format has changed overnight

I hate the new format!  I have subfiles for all my work and when I try to move files from the Inbox to a file or subfile, it just turns off the list and I have to start again.  Rarely can I actually move the files.............. it SO frustrating!!!

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 52

@She-Mail 

Single click in the box to the left of the email which selects the email, not opening it, then go to either "Move to" or "More" in the menu bar at the top of the list and select what you want to do with it or drag and drop it in the relevant folder.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 52

So my issue after these imposed without consultation changes is ( I accept ) relatively minor but nonetheless irritating. In Spam, I used to be able to hover the mouse over an email so it would show the senders address. I could then decide whether to block the domain or the user ( I get spam from Gmail accounts and obviously I don't want to block that domain ). This function doesn't seem to work any more.

In addition if I want to block domains on more than one email in the Spam folder, I now have to do this by individual message rather than just tick the boxes on several ( or all ) messages.

Any thoughts / fixes ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 52

I agree….I have also noticed when I try to select several messages to move into one of my folders it won’t work and just opens the first email I click on….I then have to select each email separately and move them into the folder one by one….. I feel as if this “upgrade” has been done as some kind of joke 🙈

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 52

I'm not too bad at putting into the first folder, but with sub-files it is absolutely impossible!
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 52

Yes, thank you, but that is ok in theory but on the new system it rarely works. The old system was simple and worked a treat with no hiccups, but his new system is absolute pain!
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 52

I agree…another thing I have noticed is the full content of my email is not accessible . When I try to “unsubscribe” to unwanted emails I cannot access the footer at the bottom of the email where the “unsubscribe” hyperlink actually is !

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 52

@Pollyandsteve 

If the emails that you want to unsubscribe from are spam emails all you are doing is telling the spammers that they have a live email addresses. The spammer will not only continue to send you spam they will "sell" your email address to other spammers and  scammers.

If it is a spam email just mark it as spam and delete it. 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 52

@Pollyandsteve wrote:

I agree….I have also noticed when I try to select several messages to move into one of my folders it won’t work and just opens the first email I click on….I then have to select each email separately and move them into the folder one by one….. I feel as if this “upgrade” has been done as some kind of joke 🙈

Did you read message 32. Do not click on the email or it will open the email. Click on the box to the left and the select the next one by clicking on that box etc etc.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 52

@JeffS wrote:

So my issue after these imposed without consultation changes is ( I accept ) relatively minor but nonetheless irritating. In Spam, I used to be able to hover the mouse over an email so it would show the senders address. I could then decide whether to block the domain or the user ( I get spam from Gmail accounts and obviously I don't want to block that domain ). This function doesn't seem to work any more.

In addition if I want to block domains on more than one email in the Spam folder, I now have to do this by individual message rather than just tick the boxes on several ( or all ) messages.

Any thoughts / fixes ?

Thanks

If you hover the mouse just below the senders name it will show you what email address it originated from in the same way as the "old" email interface did. When you hover your mouse the pointer will change to a "hand pointing" when you hover over the viewable spot. This will not work if the name is an email address rather than a name.

If you want to view the full source of the email select the email with a signal click the box to the left of the email in the list. This will not open the email and you then go to "More" in the menu bar and then "View Source".

0 Ratings