cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

My Inbox changed overnight!

Go to solution

The  other boxes have probably changed too, I haven't dared look. There are coloured squares next to each email, and there is a short excerpt from the email after the subject, followed by the date and time of the email. It wasn't like this yesterday! I didn't ask for the change. I don't like change. Can I get it back to the way it was?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: My Inbox changed overnight!

Go to solution

@Bert4545 wrote:

The  other boxes have probably changed too, I haven't dared look. There are coloured squares next to each email, and there is a short excerpt from the email after the subject, followed by the date and time of the email. It wasn't like this yesterday! I didn't ask for the change. I don't like change. Can I get it back to the way it was?

Thanks

You can not revert back.

You can turn of the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

Regarding the short excerpt you can not change what is shown in the email list.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, DS. I'll try what you've suggested to get rid of the coloured square.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

To be fair, the 'coloured' boxes will be the least of your worries. Wait till you find out you can view far less of your email stock on screen as they have also adjusted the font size and the pane layout! I'll let you discover yourself the other delightful changes that no one asked for. You'll also find that although it will notify you of a new email in a sub folder, when you go into that folder, you'll still have to 'refresh' it to view that email rather than have it simply displayed for you...

Still, who doesn't love a bit of progress...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I did what you said, and it worked! Hooray! My screen looks calmer now.