cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New email format

Under the old email format, the emails one had not read were in dark letters. If you read an email and then wanted to mark it as "Unread" one could do this from the drop down menu and the email would appear in dark letters again. Now one cannot do that.  When one revisits one's emails, the email you selected is not in dark letters.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New email format

If you want to change an email to either read of unread in your email list you need to select the email by clicking once on the box to the left of the email then go to "More" in the menu bar at the top of the list and scroll down to either "Mark as Read" or "Mark as Unread" and click on it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Or you could hover over the white space to the right of the date and click on the eye icon to toggle the mail between read and unread. Or vice versa. There are five icons that only appear when you hover over the white space.  

Message 4 of 7

Then again, the OP might be referring to the fact that the last email you visited in the "old" system was highighted in bold when you exited.  

But in the latest incarnation:
A single click on an email opens it in the main window. When you click "exit" in the top left (a new feature) the window is closed, the mail's checkbox has been ticked and the mail is highlighted by a blue background.  Don't exit by clicking "Inbox" (or any subfolder name) because this  returns you to the top of the mail list without highlighting the last mail visited. 

The same applies if you open a mail with a double click and exit by clicking the top right X-box.  

Net result: the last email you visited is no longer displayed in bold like a new mail. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your reply.

I may be being very stupid but I cannot see any "Exit" top left.

Is there a difference, d'you think, with Mac OS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Alec17 

When you open an email in your list of emails you should see this.

Exit Mail.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for your quick response and picture.

The only time I see "Exit" (with an arrow) is when I search for an email and it comes up.

When I open emails there is no "Exit" next to  "Inbox" .

0 Ratings