cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My email address has been moved to friends and family

Go to solution

Hello,

I know others have had this issue, and previously as a (not very technically proficient) visitor I have always been able to resolve other things via the solutions others have provided, but in this case the solution always seems to be a call from a helpful moderator. It seemed a bit rude as a newbie to tag onto someone else's thread so I hope this is the right way to go about things and many apologies if not.

My one and only email address is listed as "given to friends and family". I cannot import it to "active email accounts" (currently showing as zero, even though this is the only address I've ever had and used for all account comms) as it is "already linked to this account" and I cannot "manage" it, only option is to delete. My BT ID has always been a different (non-email) username, but I am being prompted to update it to my email address as all BT IDs are to be email addresses at some point - but when I enter my email address I am of course told that it is "already in use" (by the non-existent friend/family member).

So I really need technical help to sort this and make it my active email address. I have made many phone calls but no-one has managed to resolve it yet, it seems that the community moderators are the people to ask. Many thanks in advance, I would be most grateful for the help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: My email address has been moved to friends and family

Go to solution

Hi @CatrionaArt 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

With what you have said it sounds like your email address has its own BTID log in address where you can manage it. 

Can you try and log in to your account here https://www.bt.com/mybt. Make sure you use your email address and not the non email address username.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB ,

Thanks so much for replying.

I have managed to log in to MyBT with my email address - I hadn't been able to do that before, and my account number had previously been showing as "ceased", so I think one of my phone calls about the "data integrity issue" made a difference?

So I can log in, but the email account is still "gifted" by the bill payer [me] and I cannot see any account info, billing etc, there as I am just a "service user". The management options are therefore very limited. I really need my email address to be the active email of the bill-paying account holder so everything is all in one place where it should be... As it is, there are two "linked" identities.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @CatrionaArt,

Thank you for posting back. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Paddy, I am trying to reply but keep getting this message even though nothing is highlighted, no links etc, have disabled adblock, any suggestions?

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Refreshed, think it's gone through. Thank you.
0 Ratings