cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 58

Re: New Email Format Keeps Blocking Images

Go to solution

Before BT got greedy and thought they could do things better, Yahoo used to be the provider of the email.  It was perfect, never dropped and you could drag spam from the inbox to the spam folder and then everything would automatically go in.  Since they sacked Yahoo, the provision has been pathetic, and with this new one:

• I get the non-showing of images just like everyone else.
  • I still have to fanny around with spam
  • The inbox for all my addresses doesn't refresh to show new messages (and I mean for hours!!!!) so you have to do a manual refresh.
  • Half the time when replying to an email, the response box pops up and then freezes leading to you having to refresh the page.

Thank God I have Outlook, although unfortunately I have to pay for the privilege as I left BT only for the reason the Broadband is unacceptably slow where I live, moved over to mobile broadband.  I did a video on the issues it causes when I'm abroad as well, worth a watch if you are thinking of leaving and don't realise the cost and service you get afterwards https://youtu.be/fwuxk-wlBUQ

Message 52 of 58

Go to solution

This whole email system is a joke.

I'm checking emails just now & suddenly the screen goes to some sort of advert for other BT services.

Click to go back & guess what; asked to sign in again!

You dummies at BT need to get this debacle fixed, as I'm no having to sign in two or three times every day.

Utter rubbish, bring back Yahoo.

Message 53 of 58

Go to solution

@Oddbodkin You're ranting in the wrong place. This is primarily a forum for BT customers like you and me and the distinguished sages. The moderators, who might or might not read your post, are the only BT employees on this forum. 

Message 54 of 58

Go to solution

This STILL isn't fixed & the same applies to having to log in multiple times a day.

Quite simply, BT clearly doesn't give a damn about their rubbish email system & have no intention of fixing it.

They had an excellent one when partnering with Yahoo but decided they were smarter & could save $$$ so came up with this dross.

Abysmal service, BT.

Message 55 of 58

Go to solution

@Oddbodkin 

If you're complaining about having to log in every time you close and re-open your browser, that's the way it is for the time being.

If you're complaining about being logged off randomly when viewing or composing mails, or being logged off while the mail tab is inactive, please post your complaint on the feedback  thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Webmail-Feedback-v2-post-16th-April-release/td-p/2376642  which is being monitored by the BT moderators.

Tags (1)
Message 56 of 58

Go to solution

@Oddbodkin the BT email system works just fine. The problem is not with the service it is with the webmail interface. If you use a mail client such as Thunderbird or EmClient, all the problems disappear.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 58

Go to solution

No, it doesn't "work just fine" as no other email service requires one to use email clients in order to access the most basic of utilities, such as viewing images.

It's garbage, as is the incessant requirement to log in, sometimes halfway through composing an email (which loses work already done).

Please STOP attempting to make excuses for what is a truly execrable service.

Message 58 of 58

Go to solution

No; it even happens whilst I'm composing an email.

Even with my browser open 24/7 this utterly abysmal email system requires me to log in several times a day.

BT = overpriced, under-delivering & going downhill since 2016...

OT: This community board is as user hostile as BT's email service.