cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Manage/create email accounts option gone

Go to solution

Hi,

Under My products on my account, I don't have anything about emails, I can't add or delete any email account, I don't see any option anywhere. Why?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Manage/create email accounts option gone

Go to solution

Since October 2022 BT are no longer offering BTMail to new customers or existing customer who did not set up an email account prior to October 2022.

Did you have a BTMail account prior to that and use it on a regular basis?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I'm not a new customer, I've been with BT for years, I have 4 email addresses with BT and one of them is my main email address .

BT instructions says: If you've got broadband with BT, select Your products, then scroll down to the Email tile and select the link to Manage

I don't have the Email tile anywhere

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Have you tried logging onto your MyBT using a web browser.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

yes, I tried with two different browsers, the email option is not there

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @borderline, sorry you can't manage your email accounts. Please would you check that the 'Account Holder' status is claimed on the BTID you are using to try and manage the email accounts and post back to let me know.
What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

Cheers

John

Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you. It seems that I'm the Account manager ( I remember having a username login but it got deleted, maybe that login was as account holder.I'm logging in now with my email )

When I click on the link "I should be the account holder' I get this error (I tried with 3 different browsers) :

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @borderline, thanks for the update. Get in touch with us on the 'Message now' option on this page: Broadband | BT Help and they'll be able to check what your Primary BTID is and if you can then access it you should be able to manage the email accounts.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I don't see the 'Message Now' anywhere , is not the same as the Messages not  the top right corner, is it?

0 Ratings