Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 58

Re: New Email Format Keeps Blocking Images

Go to solution

@eurostardriver wrote:

Thank you again Distinguished Sage.

I'm new to this forum, so am not aware of any other threads concerning this item. As there are 688 messages in the one you mention, you'll appreciate it may take some time to first find the thread, and then read all of it. Up until now I was only aware of the discussion in this thread.

As mentioned previously, I have tried to contact BT, but gave up after being passed around between different people in the (non)Help Team.

Is there anything anything I should know about this issue as you seem to know a great deal about it yourself?

Cut the patronising **bleep** please.

Thank you.

As you think I am patronising you I will not bother to answer your posts any further so as to not offend you again.

Message 42 of 58

Go to solution
Thank you again. I'm sure it'll make a great difference. Have a good evening.
0 Ratings
Message 43 of 58

Go to solution

How did you spend your Saturday evening? On the advice of a member of this forum, I read 69 pages of complaint about the upgraded BT Email webpages. 

The service is still rubbish and little seems to have been achieved in putting it right. Plenty of jam promised tomorrow and repeated advice not to use the BT webpage to view your BT emails. Brilliant!

Thanks for your advice...

Message 44 of 58

Go to solution

The service isn't rubbish, the webmail user interface is rubbish.

If you were to use a dedicated mail client such as Thunderbird or EmClient to access your BT email, all the problems disappear.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 58

Go to solution

Keeps happening to me too. Extremely annoying.  Also get random "there's been an error" messages.  Why is the system so bad now when we have to pay for it?

Message 46 of 58

Go to solution

"Extremely annoying" is dead right.  My earlier posting that clearing cookies had cured the problem was premature: it is now back to how it was. Grrr.

I see no indication from BT as to when these bugs will be fixed.

Message 47 of 58

Go to solution
We shouldn't have to, therefore BT's service IS rubbish.
Message 48 of 58

Go to solution

MY emails do exactly the same - constantly blocking images.

Message 49 of 58

Go to solution

I tried to send a reply via the Reply button on the BT Email webpage yesterday.

First of all it tried to send the reply to the senders name, and not their email address.

When i'd jumped over that little hurdle i hit send. The sent message was complete Gobbledegook and made no sense to anyone.

Now, you apologists for this complete sh*tstorm, need to move the needle on, as it appears to be stuck. If we wanted to use an email client, we would. For whatever reason, and it's none of your business why we don't, we have chosen not to. All we expect is the BT email website to be developed, tested and kept up to date with the various Browsers that are available. Is that too much to ask from a service we pay for? If BT can't do that, then they should own up, and say we can't provide this service, then us users, we can make up our own minds as to what we are going to do.

Please don't tell me i need a Mail Client again, otherwise i might end up telling you what you need to be able to reply constructively to forum comnents.

Message 50 of 58

Go to solution
And after eight days, it's back to doing the same thing again.
THIS IS RUBBISH.