cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: New Email Format

Go to solution

What does what mean? Please stop posting in riddles and ask whatever it is you wish to know.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Like a previous comment the reason I have stuck with  BT  is that emails are not downloaded so more secure?  Unless the free downloads have the same security function (sorry not au fait with tech speak hope that makes sense!) am I right in thinking might as well go with Outlook as it's compatible with my Microsoft package? 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Any email client such as Thunderbird or Outlook is just as secure as webmail (probably more secure). If the client is configured as IMAP, mail is still held on the BT mail server and stays in sync with webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

That was not a "riddle" Your riddle was, expecting everyone to understand a cryptic answer such as your's ok?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

You're doing it again. Which reply, posts are numbered, reference which post you are talking about? I have made 6 previous posts on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

BTW I think the riddle issue is that David didn't realise posts are numbered & that it's helpful to quote. I feel.his pain!  Mea culpa too ... don't use forums v often took me a while to get to grips. This one has turned out to be really helpful. So thxxx  Liquorice 4 steer re other  ok email servers. 

Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

I totally agree! Spam has trebled. Response times have doubled. It looks so bad - and customers are paying for this!

Message 28 of 29

Go to solution
Configuring mail client as POP3 syncs your emails as well.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

@alanali wrote:
Configuring mail client as POP3 syncs your emails as well.

No it does not.

It does not synchronise with the BT servers on any devices that you have set up as IMAP accounts or with Webmail.

If you send an email or delete an email using a POP3 email client the sent email does not show up as being sent in webmail and the deleted email will not show as  deleted in webmail. It does with an IMAP email client

If you set up folders in a POP3 email client these folder will not show up in webmail. It does with an IMAP client.

See links

Differences between POP3 and IMAP - GeeksforGeeks

What is the difference between POP and IMAP? - Microsoft Support