cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New email - can't change accounts

Hello

We have two email accounts. One was updated a few weeks ago, the other yesterday, since that time we are unable to log out and switch to the other email account. I have tried switch accounts, log out and log out on the main BT site for email, but each time it says log out, you click yes, then when you click email it logs straight into my account.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New email - can't change accounts

It may be that you have your web browser set to autofill the log on details and it is selecting the same email account first and logging onto that.

Make sure that when you are entering the logon details the correct one is selected.

Are you using the direct log on page as per this link?

Email Login Page (bt.com)

You should also clear the history and cookies of your web browser as suggested by BT. See link

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Uninstalled Chrome and tried Edge - same issue. Yes I am using the link. I have managed to get it to work - I have to leave the stay logged on box empty. If not I cannot log out at all - except by going through o the main BT site and logging in there.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If you have the "keep me logged in"  box ticked it must be overriding the request to log out.  Obviously you should be able to log out and over ride the request to stay logged in when you decide to end your session.

There was a problem with the "stay logged in " option not working correctly and it was apparently fixed however it would appear that BT have now "over fixed" it and it is keeping you logged in.

There will be nothing that forum members can do to sort this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

That's all very well and good but I have several BT Mail accounts and it is now so laborious and time wasting having to log out and then complete each field for the others.  In the past I could at least autofill both username and password at the same time.  Change for the sake of it! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Here's an idea, try using a mail client such as Thunderbird or EmClient.  All your email addresses from multiple providers  in one place, no logging in and out the client does that for you.

Message 7 of 7

@sam63 wrote:

That's all very well and good but I have several BT Mail accounts and it is now so laborious and time wasting having to log out and then complete each field for the others.  In the past I could at least autofill both username and password at the same time.  Change for the sake of it! 

It is your browser that saves your log on and password details not BT. 

Go into your browser's settings and find the Stored Passwords section and look for the BT email ones. The ones that are saved there will be for the old log on page. You need to populate the new log on page.

Delete the ones that you have stored for BT email. The next time you log on you will need to enter your log on and password details again but you should then be offered the option to save them by your browser.

Do this for each of the email accounts that you want to use and they should be saved by your browser and when you want to log on if you click in the log on box and password box it should give you a drop down box with your saved details for that page.

0 Ratings