cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Old emails

Anyway of getting old emails back from 2016 when BT used Yahoo servers not their own servers.

I have logged onto my account directly from the BT web pages and my oldest emails are from 2017, I can find nothing earlier.

Did we loose access to older emails when BT reverted to their own email servers when they moved all their email accounts from the Yahoo servers they had been using.

my email is a btinternet.com one

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Old emails

If I remember correctly it was 2014 that the Yahoo migration took place.

Your emails that were on the Yahoo servers should have been transferred over to the BTMail servers when the email migration took place.

If you now can not see them on the BT servers it means that they have at some point been deleted and as such are no longer available and can not be retrieved.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hello the info you supplied is technically not correct. BT ran BT Yahoo email alongside BT Email until 2020. When my BT Yahoo email was swapped from Yahoo servers to the BT Mail servers. Thus my question is can I still get hold of emails before 2016 that were on BT Yahoo email or are they lost forever as you can no longer log into BT Yahoo email.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

This articles confirms my earlier question my emails were only moved to BT servers in 2020

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/isp-bt-trials-uk-email-platform-migration-away-from-ya...

Hence why I need to know can emails sent via BT Yahoo email back 2016 can they be got hold of or not? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The migration started in 2014, my email account was migrated in Sept. 2014,  and yes the migration did not happen over night due to technical problems and ran for a number of years.

If your emails are not showing on the present BT servers when you log onto BTMail they are gone.

0 Ratings