cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Preview Pane

So, can anyone tell me how to change the preview pane view on emails. This appears to be preset to the right - there is a list of options to change the view but these do not appear to be functional. Has this option been removed? Thanks in advance of any replies.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Preview Pane

It would appear that the BTMail team have broken this with their "update" that has recently taken place.

Are you using a mobile device to access your email while using a browser?

I can only test this on a mobile device at the moment but I have found the following.

If you are using a browser the "View" only appears to be working if you are using the "mobile version" of the webpage and not working if you use the "Desk Top version" of the web browser.

Even if you are using the "mobile verson" it only works if you are using it with your mobile device in the "portrait" orenentation and not in "landscape".

Once the view is set it will stay set  if you then change from portrait to landscape but you will not be able to change the "view" again until you go back to portrait.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Preview Pane

@suelunn14 

Preview pane works for me using a laptop, Windows 10 and Chrome, Edge or Firefox. 

From the "View" dropdown options list, "Right", "None" and "Attachment view" all work as one might expect.

"Below" opens a scrollable window at the very bottom of the screen. The default setting is a four-line window which is hard to see at first but that can be expanded by dragging the double "boundary line" up the screen. If you're using this view though, the mail you are viewing can only be opened with a douuble-click (which opens a separate window).

So either it's an issue with mobile devices as @gg30340  describes or it's a problem with an individual account or configuration.

0 Ratings