cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Printing BT email

Go to solution

The "Print" button, that has always been available in the dropdown box opened in the top right of the message page, has completely disappeared. A "Print Email" option is no longer available.

How can this be possibly overlooked?

John

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Printing BT email

Go to solution

The option to print when you double click and open the email in a separate page is no longer available for some unknown reason .

Log onto your email account and SINGLE click on the email then go to the "More" button in the menu bar and select "Print" or select the email by placing a tick in the box to the left of the email in your email list then go to the "More"  button and select "Print". 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you for replying to my post, but if I single left click on an email it will not open even if I tick it first.

Secondly however I open it no "More" option is available.

Surely whoever is building this replacement email must be aware of these problems. 

Many thanks,

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

As this would not appear to be a universal problem as you seem to be the only person presently reporting it the problem could be something at your end.

I presume that you are using a web browser to access your email. If that is correct can you stated which browser you are using ensure that it is up to date?

Have you tried clearing your browsers history and cookies?

Have you tried a different browser?

What options are showing in the menu bar at the top of your list of emails?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your continual involvement and interest in this problem.

Today I have tried your first suggestion on the very newest of my devices, which is a two year old Lenovo laptop and I can tell you that using Bing, Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome that it works.

All of my other devices are notably older although two of them have recently been updated to SSHD and have had new batteries fitted. Previously I have never had any issue printing a BT email from any of my devices.

I would always do it by fully opening the email and then going to the dropdown box in the top righthand corner. The "Print Email" option would always be present towards the bottom of the selection list and always worked. That option has now disappeared from that dropdown box. I have to say that I am extremely surprised that no other BT Mail user has experienced this issue.

I do know however that ALL BT Mail users still cannot compose a full-screen email.

Once again many thanks.  John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

If printing works on your Lenovo using all those browsers the problem is obviously with the device that won't print.

If your older devices are still using an older operating system updating the SSHD and fitting new batteries would not actually "update" your device.

BTMail requires certain browser specifications and older operating systems may not support them.

See link for the browser specifications that are required.

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

You could try updating the browser or use a different browser such as Firefox to see if it works on that.

As regards the print option being missing from the drop down box, as I previously stated that that is correct, it is missing. BT have for what ever reason removed the option when you open the email in the method you described. It has been that way for some time now so I doubt it will be coming back but you never know.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Once again thank you so  much for your continual participation in this.

I think that I can confidently say that the issues are/were NOT my end. Having once again tried everything out to my great surprise I now find today that the print method that you first described to me now works on all of my devices. I have read the specifications that you directed me to and both of the upgraded laptops conform.

I have suspected for some time that this email system is a work in progress as I do notice other little variations from time to time.

The main complaint that I now have is that it still remains impossible to expand to full screen for email composition.

Kindest regards,

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

The printing "problem" was not a BT problem. It was in my opinion at your end. It was either users error or a problem with your browser howver I am pleased to hear that you can now print your emails.

As regards the "full screen". That is a something you will just need to work with as there is no way to expand it and as far as I am aware that will not change.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for all of your help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Why are your postings in a very large font? Makes it harder to read them and takes up a lot of screen space.
0 Ratings