cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problem with new login page not showing the email addresses

How can I get the login page to show email accounts again instead of having to type them in every time? The old login page worked fine!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with new login page not showing the email addresses

If you use a password manager it will allow you to select which account to login to. Most browsers these days have password managers available but other password manager apps are available. If it's a shared computer then best not  to use a password manager.

As for why it doesn't autofill your email, is due to autocomplete not being set to true.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Your browser stores your log on details not BT.

You need to go to your browser's settings and find the "Stored Password" settings and scroll through the list until you find the ones referring to your BT email log on details. Once you have found it delete it. 

The next time you go log on, your browser will offer to save the password details. If you want this click on it to accept it.

The next tile you log on the details should then be entered into the log on box by your browser. 

If you have more that one BT email account you will need to do this for each one.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

That is not it:

On the edge browser even after deleting then redoing the login you get a window each time that is completely blank in terms of stored information that just asks for:

Its only after you type in your email that you get to the next page where it has stored your login name and password for easy login.

This is clealry something introduced from BT's end, not the browser end that is causing this and if I had to guess its likely  supposed to be a extra security step, which completely negates the point of storing your username in the first place.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Sinlith wrote:

That is not it:

On the edge browser even after deleting then redoing the login you get a window each time that is completely blank in terms of stored information that just asks for:

Its only after you type in your email that you get to the next page where it has stored your login name and password for easy login.

This is clealry something introduced from BT's end, not the browser end that is causing this and if I had to guess its likely  supposed to be a extra security step, which completely negates the point of storing your username in the first place.

It is a browser issue. It is your browser that stores the details not BT.

I use Edge and when I go to the log on page I single click on the "blank" Email or username box and it brings up a drop down box named "Saved Data" which contains the various BT email addresses that I use. I select the one I want and click "Next".

This opens a new page with the Email or username box completed with the one I selected and the Password box for that email address is also completed with the correct password associated with that email address. I then click "Next" and I get logged into my email account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You can type in anything you like on the first page where it only asks for username or email.

Try it if you dont believe it, I literaly just typed a full stop into the window, after which it then went to the regular page that people have seen for years on end, which asks for the email and password and which low and behold are stored by you guessed it, the browser. 

It was not like this in the past, it is clealry something BT changed from their end and makes zero sense given you can type any old giberish into the box in order to get to the normal login page with the stored information.

p.s. I also tested it on firefox and its the same amount of silly, the only difference being it does keep the username / email auto filled and then takes you to the normal login page after which again repeats your email and password which the browser stored.

This is not about being unable to login and use email. This is about pointing out a completely redundant login process with a extra page that does not need to exist.

0 Ratings