cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Error message when trying to send email - Too many messages (2.3.6.3)

Go to solution

Hi,

This problem has clearly not gone away - I'm now getting the same error message. It doesnt matter whether I try to send via Outlook (the  mail app that ships with Microsoft Office) or BT Webmail ( I am a BT Customer). The problem surfaced when I tried to send a message to two or three address lists which up until now have been completely successful. Now I cant even send a single mail on any device - mobile, laptop, desktop etc. Something clearly not right as a single email via BT Webmail also suffers the same error message. Can someone please help me out on this one as I've run out of ideas - as a membership sec for a local club I urgently need to send an important notification to all members. Using the same address list on another mail platform sadly doesnt work either...

thanks

PT.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to send emails due to "Too many messages" error

Go to solution

DUPLICATE MESSAGE SENT ON ANOTHER THREAD

Hi,

This problem has clearly not gone away - I too am now getting the same error message. It doesnt matter whether I try to send via Outlook (the  mail app that ships with Microsoft Office) or BT Webmail ( I am a BT Customer). The problem surfaced when I tried to send a message to two or three address lists which up until now have been completely successful. Now I cant even send a single mail on any device - mobile, laptop, desktop etc. Something clearly not right as a single email via BT Webmail also suffers the same error message. Can someone please help me out on this one as I've run out of ideas - as a membership sec for a local club I urgently need to send an important notification to all members. Using the same address list on another mail platform sadly doesnt work either...

thanks

PT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I have moved your posts onto your own thread so that you will get any replies specifically for your problem. Posting the same problem across multiple threads causes duplication and confusion as to who the replies are meant for.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that when you say different email platform you mean a different supplier, ie gmail.

If the problem is also happening when you use a different email supplier then it would appear not to be necessarily a problem with your BTMail email account.

If however you mean a different email client or app it could be that there is a problem with the BT servers. 

When you use your mobile, is it using your home network or is it when you are using 4/5g mobile network?

If it works OK with your mobile network have you tried turning off your BT hub for about 30 minutes. When you turn it back on it should be issued with a new IP address and hopefully connected to a different email server.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

A couple of weeks ago I  received a notification from Microsoft  (which perhaps I should have mentioned) advising that some third party mail apps using Outlook would no longer be supported due to security issues. I assume at least one of my email apps was affected as I received this info :-

"What do you need to do?

If you are receiving this email, you are currently using an email or calendar app that uses a less secure authentication method to connect to your Outlook.com email account. You will need to upgrade your third-party mail and calendar app to a version which supports modern authentication methods."

I took no notice of this until a few days ago when I experienced the problems. It was therefore entirely possible that BT Mail could also  have been affected.

However, to cut a long  story  short, I upgraded my Office app  (Office 19) to a newer version which included an updated version of Outlook and  all send/receive problems promptly disappeared. Exactly why, I cant begin to guess but whilst it could be a complete coincidence, everything is all now sweetness and light. The fact that BT Mail suffered the same problem using their webmail service, and also taking into consideration that everything goes through my wifi and router, perhaps a reboot might have solved the problem - I'll never know.

But thanks for all your replies.

best

PT

0 Ratings