cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Read receipts

I have no setting in my email account which enables me to request read receipts, but when I send emails from my iPhone using the BT mail app, all emails get sent requesting a read receipt. I've checked my app settings and my BT mail settings but can't see anywhere how I could have turned on the 'request read receipt' option - or indeed, turn it off. It is only happening when I sent emails using the phone app, not when I use my computer. I've deleted and reloaded the app several times and it's still happening. How can I stop the read receipts being requested please?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Read receipts

Uninstall the BT mail app and use a proper app that lets you choose to request read receipts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

It is the proper BT mail app and it's only been happening for the past few months?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

No, I mean a proper app. The BT mail app is hopeless, either use the native Apple mail app or try Blue Mail

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Thanks, but I don't want to have to change my email address just to stop requests for read receipts

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

@Hammergirl 

you misunderstand using a better mail app than BT Mail does not require you to use a different email address just a different app to access your email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 19

Thank you. I'm having a long online chat with BT to try and get the issue sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

It would take you less than 5 minutes to install and use a far superior mail app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@Hammergirlwrote:

Thank you. I'm having a long online chat with BT to try and get the issue sorted.

You're fortunate to get a real person on Chat. Are you sure it isn't one of those new fangled AI thingies? 😂😂🤣

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Well, I had a 2.5hr long online chat with a BT 'Tech' person who couldn't sort the problem so now it's been raised as case with the Tech team who should be able to get back to me next week.

I've tried to use my BT mail through the Apple 'Mail' app, but I can't send any for some reason. I can write them and they just stick in my Outbox. I'll try another app.

0 Ratings