cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Read receipts

@Hammergirlwrote:

I've tried to use my BT mail through the Apple 'Mail' app, but I can't send any for some reason. I can write them and they just stick in my Outbox. I'll try another app.

Sounds like you haven't configured the SMTP settings or have made a mistake. The BT "help" page is maybe a little oddly set up by providing the POP3 setting between the IMAP & SMTP. Disregard POP3 & use IMAP for incoming & SMTP for outgoing.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

I've got Incoming mailserver 'Host name' as mail.btinternet.com as is the Outgoing mail server SMTP,

SSL is switched on

IMAP path prefis is balnk

Server port 993

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Outgoing server port is 465.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Thanks.

I don't seem to have the option to add a number. It says Outgoing Mail server -

SMTP - mail.btinternet.com.

If I click on that  it shows mail.btinternet.com as Primary server and I get the option to add another SMTP server

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

See if this thread helps.

Message 16 of 19

Apple products are extremely weird to setup. Try Blue Mail, its a doddle.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

I'm having the same stupid problem and paying a lot of money for premium BT. Also spent ages with a useless agent who had no idea about what I was talking about neither did her manager. I would not be able to do the swap email server thing as I imagine most people would not. Come on BT get your act together !!!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Well, after my long online chat with BT last weekend I'm still waiting for someone from the 'Tech' team to get back to me. I honestly think that they don't know what's causing the issue or how to resolve it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Why are you even bothering, just use a different app.

0 Ratings