cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Received emails not displaying properly

I used to receive tables within emails that were readable and I could copy and print them out. In the last few months these tables arrive split into rows with part boxes around them and are awkward to read. This is happening to my dad too, who also uses a BT internet address. Others, using hotmail, seem to be unaffected. Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Received emails not displaying properly

In my opinion,it's best to forget BT email and just use Hotmail,Outlook or Gmail cos I've only ever had,and still have,difficulties with BT email... my present issues started with Hub 2.... slow login/off 60secs with Mybt also. I've given up!Will login every 3mths to keep it open,just in case things improve but otherwise just use the others which have fast login/off.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Try reducing the zoom size of your web browser page. It depends on what browser you are using, for instance in Microsoft Edge open the tools menu on upper right hand side  .... on zoom change it to your preferred zoom level.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks - but that was not the issue.  I have discovered that it is some sort of formatting problem with the sender, though not all recipients get the muddled table.  So not really solved yet. Previously received emails remain perfectly well displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If the problem is only happening with one sender you should ask them to check if they are sending the email in Rich Text Format or Plain Text. They should be able to establish that by checking in their email settings.

If the sender is sending in Rich Text Format ask them to try sending in Plain Text and visa versa if already sending in Plain Text.