cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

SPAM emails

Any body know if it at all possible to stop SPAM/SCAM emails that have started to arrive every day from spoofed email addresses.

They do at least automatically go into the SPAM folder but over the past week dozens have started arriving daily. No point trying to block the specific emails or domains that they are coming from since they are spoofed addresses so continue to change.

Just getting rather annoying.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: SPAM emails

@billcubbon wrote:

Any body know if it at all possible to stop SPAM/SCAM emails that have started to arrive every day from spoofed email addresses. You could try setting up "Rules" but it may well be a waste of time.

They do at least automatically go into the SPAM folder but over the past week dozens have started arriving daily. No point trying to block the specific emails or domains that they are coming from since they are spoofed addresses so continue to change.That is correct. Best just to wait until the spam filters catch up or the spammer move on to some other sucker.

Just getting rather annoying. Suck it up. It is only a first world problem. You could live in a war zone!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @gg30340 

Thought that was probably the case.

Set a few rules up to get rid of some of the common repeat offenders , e.g. 'Your McAfee subscription has expired',  but there are so many others.  Just annoying that up until a few weeks ago, only used to get a few a week, but over the past week or so getting 30 or 40 a day and that's after having the same email for 20 years.

Just a shame it's not possible to block the original source of the mails with a rule, which I'm sure BT could do quite easily facilitate.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Do you not think that if it was easy they would have done it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

This has been happening daily to us for several days and this morning I deleted 45 spam emails from my wife’s bt account!

They all come in overnight I have little knowledge of Spam, so how/where are such messages generated?

Do I have to grin and bear it and do this every day for the rest of our lives?

Or should I create a new email address and circulate it to all of her contacts, friends, utilities et al? A task in itself!

Firefox browser (in ‘Private Window’), on Windows 11.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Spam comes and goes, it's a game of cat and mouse between the spammers and service providers.

0 Ratings