cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Separate Password for Email

Go to solution

Hello,

Can I change the password for my BT email, so that it it different from MyBT.

I currently logon to MyBT using my BT ID (which is my @btinternet.com email) and I also have full access to my emails.  How can I set a separate password for access to emails - different from MyBT?

Regards,

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Separate Password for Email

Go to solution

Log onto the BTMail account that you want to change. Click on your user name at the top right hand side. Select "Account Info" then "Change my Password". Follow the prompts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Professor welcome to the community and thanks for posting. No, I'm sorry that's not something that can be done at the moment.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I stand corrected. I was sure that that could be done in the past!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@gg30340 Yes, that used to be something you could do. At the moment if the BT email address is the same as the primary BT ID it will align them to be the same. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hello NeilO,

Thank you for your reply - appreciated.

Since posting my message this morning, I came across this, an old post from 2019 on the BT Forum from someone called DanielS - he said:

"If you're using an @btinternet.com email address as the login it will link it to your email address. The only way to have separate passwords is to change the login that you use for your BT ID."

Is this still the case, now?

Regards P.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

This is the totally crazy system that is BT. If your BTID is a btinternet email address, the passwords are synced, if it is any other email address they remain as discrete passwords as obviously BT can't change third party credentials. You couldn't make it up!!!