cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Trying to login to BT email, get into 2 factor Authentication Loop

Go to solution

Hi again, following on from my issue yesterday about not being able to log on to my Premium email, I seem to have sorted that problem eventually at least as far as my Iphone and Ipad are concerned. However I cannot access on my main "desktop" PC. What happens is that I get a message saying I need to turn on 2 factor authentication and to do this via "MYBT", I have done this- enabled 2 factor, ticked my phone and a recovery email for the passcode, but when I try to select "Email" I just loop round to the same "setup 2 factor authentication" message. 

I have tried this with 2 factor on and off but to no avail. With it on and try to log onto "MYBT" I do get the passcode coming through on my iphone so I know it is working.

I spent a good hour speaking to someone on the Premium email helpline, he was extremely helpful but couldn't sort it. At one point he said he was going to remove the 2 factor stage from my email account but that didn't work! He then suggested he would hang up and look into it further and come back to me, but that was a good couple of hours ago so maybe he is still scratching his head?

Just posting on here to see if anyone has any suggestions?

Obviously tried clearing caches and a different browser.

Thanks

Alan C

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trying to login to BT email, get into 2 factor Authentication Loop

Go to solution

SORTED!

Phoned Premium email helpline again, even more helpful lady (Cerise??) sorted the problem - got the 2 factor requirement removed and then used some developer tools in Microsoft Edge settings to do a hard refresh.

Very relieved!

Alan C

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trying to login to BT email, get into 2 factor Authentication Loop

Go to solution

@alchad That's great, I'm glad they got you sorted.

Neil

0 Ratings