cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Trying to send emails from my work email to my btinternet account but they are being refused.

Go to solution

When I try to send emails from my work account to my btinternet account I am getting the following message:

host mx.lb.btinternet.com[213.120.69.5] said: 554

Service not available - access denied (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Any ideas how to resolve this?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Trying to send emails from my work email to my btinternet account but they are being refused.

Go to solution

Hi, @Robert991 Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. If you log in to webmail click on your email address in the top right then email settings you can add your work email to the safe senders list. Can you try that and let me know if your work emails can get through?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Trying to send emails from my work email to my btinternet account but they are being refused.

Go to solution

Thanks for quick response. Added to safe senders but still getting the same message. Tried to send to a friend, who also has a btinternet address but the email to him bounced with the same message.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Robert991,

Thanks for trying that for us.

The error message that you have received does happen for a number of reasons. Are you aware if your work email address is on any blacklists or are you trying to send emails when using a VPN, perhaps one provided by your work?

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

Not on any blacklists, dmarc and dkim enabled, no vpn

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @Robert991.

That's a good start, do you know if it has an SPF record?

I'd recommend going over our Best Practices guide.

If you still have any issues, reach out to the Postmaster. Their email address is on that page at the bottom under More help.

Any issues afterwards, let me know.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel

Yes it has a SPF record.

I will email the Postmaster.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you @Robert991.

They will get back in touch with you after they've checked everything.

Feel free to post back up here after they've been in touch hopefully sorting it.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Robert991wrote:

When I try to send emails from my work account to my btinternet account I am getting the following message:

host mx.lb.btinternet.com[213.120.69.5] said: 554

Service not available - access denied (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Any ideas how to resolve this?

This is odd, because the issue is usually the other way around.

The resolution is to use a Gmail address and send to that instead.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Postmaster replied saying engineers had fixed the problem and everything is now ok. Unfortunately, the email didn't say what the actual problem was, so I can only advise that you write to the postmaster if you have the same issue.

0 Ratings