cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

How do I fix the cursor, as when I'm typing an email with the new BT mail, the cursor keeps randomly going back to the start and missing out letters. It is becoming so frustrating and time consuming.

It also changes font midway through the message.

Another gripe is the gap above the signature which cannot be altered.

Is there a BT contact whereby I can revert to the original email format.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

@Andrew09 

The cursor moving and the font changing are known problems and BT are apparently working on a fix.

The gap above the signature can not be changed.

You can not revert back to the "old" system.

Webmail migration update - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

Thank you. I accept that currently the gap above the signature cannot be changed, but you could previously, so why has this been changed. Whilst I accept that you cannot revert back to the old system it would have been much better customer service if it allowed the customer the choice. How can a launch of such a poor 'upgrade' have taken place without rigorous testing.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

I appreciate that it's not your fault gg30340 but trying to contact BT directly is impossible.
Message 5 of 31

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. You would need to contact BT and ask BT those questions.

EDIT: This post crossed with your one above.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with the cursor and font. I would love to raise it with BT, but there is nowhere obvious online, hence ending up here. Good to hear that it's on their radar, but would like to know when the fix will be carried out, as EVERY email now takes ten times as long to complete because of 'cursor jump'.

Any idea, or could you point us in the right direction? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

@PhilipS1958 

I posted a link to the latest update in an earlier message in this thread. There is no given timescale.

The best way to resolve all the problems with the BTMail interface is to download and use an email client such as Thunderbird or eM Client.

This will allow you to access and use your BTMail email accounts without using the web page interface.

Message 8 of 31

BT have been "working on a fix" for far too long. This is unacceptable and the email system, as it is, is unfit for purpose. BT are a shambles for releasing such very poorly tested software and then not fixing it!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

As I keep saying, the email system is not unfit for purpose. It is the BT supplied user interface, that you don't have to use, that is unfit for purpose.

Simply use a mail client and all the problems disappear.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Thank you that is very (un)helpful!
How about giving a more positive reply instead of being so aggressive?
0 Ratings