cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Unable to install bt email on my iphone

Go to solution

I suspect that you will have fallen foul of the BT systems not allowing you to add a new email account other than as a BTMail Basic account which can not be used with an email client.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

To gg3040

I’ve tried on my wi fi, my sons wi fi and 4G (as well as a different iPhone) and still the error. 

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks gg3040

thats an interesting point. I was unaware that basic accounts were limited to web browser only. The other five accounts all pre date any such restriction date and may have kept their  non basic abilities. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

To gg3040

Looking into it further I think you’re right about the basic email. Although my ‘my t’ account gives me a standard email service with 5 of my 11 accounts historically having standard service, I think the 6th account I just created is part of my standard service from an administrative aspect but is basic in operation. Hence not eligible for imap or local client operations. 

Thanks. You’ve resolved the issue as far as I’m concerned. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I am not sure about that actually!  My btinternet account is very old and until yday when I had a major spam issue, had no trouble with it on my phone.  Now I am getting the same error messages that you are getting. The only thing I did differently yday was set up an alternate address that it suggested in case of spam - maybe that has caused this issue and I self-sabbotaged!

0 Ratings