cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to log into two of the three email addresses that I use!

Go to solution

I have not been able to log into two of my three email accounts.

I was able to access them all from my BT ID login but it now says that I have to log out of account to access my other accounts but I still cannot access two of the email addresses.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to log into two of the three email addresses that I use!

Go to solution

What happens when you use the direct logon pagd.

BT mail 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I receive a message stating that my email address/password is incorrect. I have tried to change my password re the other email addresses but it unfortunately has not worked. 

This has only happened since the recent notices stating the change re emails.

I am in the process of changing jobs and can't access the email address that I have been corresponding with.

This could cause me serious problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The immediate thing to do is to create a Gmail address and inform your prospective employer of the problem to enable communication to be restored whilst the problem is resolved.

I'll flag the problem to the mods

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi all thanks for the suggestions.

I have now sorted out the issue by contacting BT support direct.

For anyone experiencing the same problem, the solution is that you need to create a new password for each of the other email addresses that you may have.

On the email login page, don't enter any details and click on forgotten your login details, enter the email address that you can't access and follow the instructions creating an individual password for the email address. You will receive verification codes etc but it does work. 

You will need to repeat this process for each account that you may be having problems with. So I have ended up with three passwords one for each email account. But at least I can access all of my email accounts.

It was much easier when you could toggle between accounts but there must be a reason behind the change.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @offrooders and welcome back.

It's been a while but great to see you again. Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

If you read the logon page in the link I posted above it tells you the reason why you need to log on to each account.

Also see this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-login-changes