cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Unable to send emails

I am no longer a BT Customer but still use basic BT email. 

This morning for some unknown reason I was logged out of BT email. After logging back in I can no longer send emails. I compose the email and when I go to edit the email and send it the whole of my BT email freezes. I am unable to unlock this freeze, cancel the email or go back to using my inbox. 

I have to close down the whole BT email browser page and reopen a new one. I can however send BT emails via an email client Thunderbird. 

I appear to be receiving emails ok. 

I am using Windows 10 and Google Chrome . 

Is there a general problem or is it just me?

Regards

Sheena Read 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Unable to send emails

Yes, same problem here. I've tried Chrome and Firefox with no luck on either.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Hi, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems sending emails. I've not seen any reports of a known problem and I've just sent an email using the Edge browser without any issues. Are you able to clear your cookies and cache to see if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Yes, I've cleared the cookies and cache but no change. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge as well as via wifi and hotspot. Everything is fully up to date.

When I try and save or send an email, it causes the tab to freeze.

Having checked my history, I might be wrong but it looks like I was using version 2.27.1 previously but now 2.29.1, so this may have resulted in the fault. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

I regularily clear my cookies and cache but I will do it again.

Everything was fine up until about 10.00 today and then it changed after I was logged out for no reason.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Same here - I sent one at 10.25 but couldn't after that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

I have just tried to send emails on both Edge and Chrome and it appears to be working now. I didn't clear my cache or cookies so hopefully whatever the problem is it is now resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Sorry take that back.
"It is not working again"
I am now getting the page unresponsive message box pop up. It froze my email page and also this browser page. Everything else is working fine on my computer so it is definitely connected to BT.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. I've been in touch with the email team and they've identified a problem in the new version of webmail where a small number of customers are experiencing this issue when copying text from other sources into the email. 

This will be fixed tonight and we're really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Thanks Neil. Given your comments, I have tested again and if I knock out my signature, it will send, so it looks like the issue is affecting signatures as well.

0 Ratings