cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: We are experiencing issues with the service, please try again later.

Yes, I have been getting this message on & off for the past month.  Now today, I cannot access my emails at all with Firefox, but I can log in with Opera.  I have 3 email addresses, and it is the same with all of them  I am using Windows 10 on a laptop, no other device, and the latest version of Firefox, as it updates automatically.  All history, cache & cookies have been cleared out.  Disk Clean Up  done, still cannot get into emails.

Is there a solution? or do I need to switch permanently to another browser?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

I think I may have found the problem.

In addition to Edge I had Brave as an alternative browser. I think that Brave's 'Guards'  were causing the disruption.

I have now uninstalled Brave and wait to see if this cures the problem.

If it does I can only suggest that having two or more browsers may be 'irritating' BT Mail !

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

I will give that a try, but my husband's laptop only has Firefox, and he has the same issues as me this morning.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Hello, 

Thanks so much for flagging this. 

I have sent this feedback to the relevant team who are looking into this further.

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

With help from the BT Chat agent (who was very helpful !), I went in to Safari, Preferences, Privacy, Manage Website Data ... and Removed the 1,650 websites that were tracking me !  BT mail now works 😉

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Hi Katie

It is sort of back in action now, I can see my emails, but cannot move them to "My Folders", nor delete them (whether read or unread!)

So frustrating

Hope it can be sorted out, as I use Firefox a lot - Ebay works best with it.  I have never had problems like this in over 10 years of using it.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

I have been experiencing this problem for a few months now but it is getting MUCH worse. I am also using Safari. I've tried the Manage Website Data suggestion above (over 8500 websites in my case!) but, sadly it has not worked. I will continue to look for other suggestions as it is so bad now that I cannot type an email without constant interruptions by this message.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

I thought that my removing one of my two installed browsers it would cure the problem.

I was mistaken, it is still happening and I am annoyed that it should be and that BT (supposedly a high tech organisation) could let it happen or find a way to correct it.

The fact that it clears itself after about ten minutes is little consolation.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

On another thread, someone suggested turning off your browser for 30 minutes in the hope it would result in a new IP address. Touch wood, this seems to have worked 🤞

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

I log out of BT Email, close my browser and power down my laptop each evening, it has not made any difference.

0 Ratings