cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

What happened to the 'rule' function?

Go to solution

Wanted to modify an existing 'rule', but on accessing the rules option, I get the following page which gives no option at all to view existing, or add new

Has this function been moved somewhere secret?

rules email.jpg

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: What happened to the 'rule' function?

Go to solution

There is nothing wrong with the "Rule" function in my email account. All the expected functions are there and working.

Given the constant ongoing problems that you appear to be having with your email account I would suggest that there is a problem with your individual account rather than a general problem with BTMail and that your account needs to be looked at on an individual basis and may require a reconfiguration or rebuild by the BT email team.

I would suggest that you contact BT and request to report a problem to the email team, not the general customer service department.

The other option of course is to start using an email client!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I do remember looking at it a few weeks back when it worked great. Then I was transferred to the 'new' WebMail system, and on reverting back (because there were so many fundamental flaws), I now have this issue of not being able to access the 'rules' function.

If a kindly mod sees this, can you get one of your talented IT guys just to fix it please?

Setting 'rules' is a very basic function of an email system...

It's great that I pay for a premium service, because goodness knows what I'd be stuck with if I had a bog standard one 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Have you tried going back to the "new"  interface to see if your "Rules" appear there?

As an aside given the previous issues with any "new" BTMail changes and per chance this is your main BTMail account, you would have been better to have used a different BT email account to your main account in order to Beta test the "new" interface.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I just tried accessing 'rules' from another address I have and it appears normal, so yes, my primary email address is displaying a fault which I'm sure is associated with my brief transferring over to the new WebMail format!

What is the best way to contact someone in BT Email to get this fixed?

Working rules with the missing options in attendance in alternative email...

rules working.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Have you tried going back to the "new"  interface to see if your "Rules" appear there?

As an aside given the previous issues with any "new" BTMail changes and per chance this is your main BTMail account, you would have been better to have used a different BT email account to your main account in order to Beta test the "new" interface.

You lose the option to go back to the 'new' one once you select reverting back to the old - maybe they know something LOL Yes, excellent point, if I'm ever offered an option to be a guinea pig, no way will I offer my primary means of communication for them to experiment with me on!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Oh FFS!!! I have now discovered another fault post trial.

I can no longer attach multiple files to an email. Comes up with an error message. If I attach them individually which it allows, it comes up with another error saying it can't send. (my other address works perfectly)

send error.jpg

PLEASE SOMEONE FROM BT - PLEASE CAN YOU FIX MY ACCOUNT???

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

How do I contact BT help for faulty email account??

Go to solution

Ever since reverting back from the 'beta' version of webmail, I now have the following issues (so far)

• My 'rules' option has become corrupted and I can no longer access it.
  • A subfolder with 3 years worth of emails (>150) now displays 10 emails from Sunday
  • The main folder (which holds the subfolder) now holds no emails whatsoever
  • New emails to the subfolder no longer give a notification to the main folder so I've no way of knowing if there's anything new

I could possibly work round this by creating new folders, a nuisance but hey ho, but do make them work, I need access to 'rules' so this is critical.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Stephen5000 I'm really sorry about the problems with your rules and attachments. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll get the email team to take a look. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Just thought I'd post an update. It's now all sorted!

! Got a call from a great BT guy who fixed it for me. Apparently when I was on the 'new' version of WebMail, one of my rules which has been in existence for a decade became corrupt, and stopped all my rules from showing, (although they still continued to work).

I don't really fully understand what happened, but the important thing is, I had a problem, and BT sorted it for me. There was me thinking that trialing the 'new' version would have been an interesting exercise, but it did cause me a fair amount of grief. 😂

I'm hoping they fully sort it before sending it out on general release...