cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Why am I still getting junk mail to my old btinternet email?

Because all the spam emails go to my junk box

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

"Because all the spam emails go to my junk box"

But that's where they are meant to go by design. All email suppliers generally have a Trash/Spam/Junk folder for those types of email to go. This isn't unique to BT. I don't think you can complain to Ofcom about something working as intended.

And if you can see they are going into there, that means you're still logging into it. Just don't log in to it if you don't want it and don't use it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Is it that you are getting spam emails from your old BT email address sent to your present email address?

If that is the case it is most likely that your BT email address has been spoofed by spammers to make the spam appear to come from a genuine email account.

If you have access to the BT emails you should check the headers of the email and it will show what the originating email address really is and if the email address in the headers is not showing as the BT email address it will confirm that the email account as been spoofed.

There is very little that you or BT can do as the spoofed email is not coming from BT servers. All you can do about it is to just delete the spam when you receive them. 

0 Ratings