cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Word attachments

Go to solution

When I open BT mail on my windows10 laptop and receive an email with a docx attachment, if I click on the attachment it displays as a pdf web page. I can only save it as an html file.

If I open the same email on my android phone it works OK ie opens in word and can be saved as a word file. It works OK on my daughters windows10 laptop.

Is there a local setting I need to change

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Word attachments

Go to solution

It will display as a PDF if you click on the document icon in the icon box. This does not allow the document to be downloaded, only viewed which is safer than downloading a potential thread onto your computer.

If you click on the down arrow to the right hand side of the attachment it will download it to your computer as a docx document and you can open it from the download location and save it to any of your folders.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, but I have clicked on the download arrow and nothing happens, I have checked the download folder negative.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

when you click on the "download arrow" it should open a small box stating"download". Click on it. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, I had clicked on the arrow expecting it to work  now when I click on the word download when it appears, I now get a dialogue box asking do I want to open or save the file.

Works perfectly, thanks for your help

0 Ratings