cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

e-mail log in

Every time I click on the BT logo on my laptop i am asked to enter my e-mail address.

As soon as I do that my password automatically appears.   I am on windows 10 and 

Edge.  Such a pain to have to enter my e-mail address every time.   Anyone any ideas how

to fix this ?  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: e-mail log in

You can not stay logged on all the time with BTMail. You will need to log on everytime you want to use it.

If you mean you are having to enter your password manually everytime as it is not automatically being inserted, that is a browser issue not a BT issue.

You would need to go into Edge settings and go to "saved passwords" and delete the one for your BTMail account. Once you have done that you should then be offered to save it the next time you log on and after that it should be inserted automatically by the browser.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I have to enter my e-mail address every time I click on the BT icon on my start screen .  The password then automatically pops up.  I never had to enter my e-mail address every time before.  It's only within the last couple of months that this has happened-- in fact, around the same time as BT changed the layout of the e-mail page. It's a real pain.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Delete the saved login, next time you log in save it and all will be well.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Ok -- I'll give it a try

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@flyboy44 wrote:

I have to enter my e-mail address every time I click on the BT icon on my start screen .  The password then automatically pops up.  I never had to enter my e-mail address every time before.  It's only within the last couple of months that this has happened-- in fact, around the same time as BT changed the layout of the e-mail page. It's a real pain.

The first screen is a waste of time. I have no idea why BT have put it there.

On the first screen you can enter anything, even dot and then click next. This will bring up the second screen where if you have saved your username in the browser it will enter it for you or if you have more than one BTMail email address will offer a drop down box and after you select the one you want it click next and it will log you on. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hmm, what first screen?

In Firefox, I click on my bookmarked link on the bookmark toolbar, select which of the logins for that url I wish to use, select it, which populates the username field, click next which populates the password field, click next and I'm logged in.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Using Edge.

First Screen 

First Screen.JPG

Second Screen

Second Screen.JPG

EDIT: Just checked with Firefox and it is the same as above.

@licquorice  I should have added that I have mine auto populated in the first and second screen and I just need to do as you do to log on.

0 Ratings