cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

email contacts

I have had an unwanted update to my bt emails this morning, since this update when I try to compose a new email there are no contact suggestions when I enter the first name of a contact, I have to enter the whole email addr to send a new email.

Any help to fix this would be tremendous - Thanks  

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: email contacts

No help to you but it does not appear to be a fault with all accounts as the autofill works as expected on my account.

If it is still not working you can, when composing an email click on the "TO" word at the address field and it will bring up a list of your contacts and you can then select from the list.

Have you checked that your contacts are contained in the "Main" section in your contacts list and that their details are entered in the correct fields? To check log onto your email account and click on Contacts in the menu bar.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Many thanks for that info, At least I can now get to my contacts by pressing on the "To" so life is much easier.

All my contacts are in the contacts section so what bt have done to stop the auto fill working - who knows.

But thanks again, a great help.

Regards

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I think the first time I tried it they did not autofill but after I had used it in the way I have posted it started to bring up the relevant contacts so it may be that the autofill neds to be triggered by using the contacts list.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi Distinguished Sage

An appropriate user name, and I envy you. Since this latest unwarranted and useless 'upgrade', I can no longer autofill my emails. They are all listed on my Contacts by name, but when I type their name when composing an email, nothing happens. Instead, I have to go into my Contacts, and then manually copy & paste their email address.

BT/EE acknowledge that there are teething problems with their new system, but cannot give any timeline as to when they will be resolved. I am most unimpressed that they launch a new system without first testing it out thoroughly. By the number of problem posts on various aspects of the latest 'upgrade', I am somewhat reassured that it is not me nor my server (Firefox) that are causing the problems.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

@FustratedCambridge wrote:

Hi Distinguished Sage

I can no longer autofill my emails. They are all listed on my Contacts by name, but when I type their name when composing an email, nothing happens. Instead, I have to go into my Contacts, and then manually copy & paste their email address.

As per message 2 above, when composing an email click on the "TO" word at the address field and it will bring up a list of your contacts and you can then select from the list by clicking on the appropriate one then clicking on "select"..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Thanks for the advice. I have always used that method, but now it doesn't work. A glitch in the system!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Just to clarify. You are clicking on the word "TO" and not just in the to address box?

Email TO.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Yes, I am fully computer literate. The system used to work, but now it doesn't. Also, the 'upgrade' deleted all my sub-groups in Contacts and I am unable to restore them as the system doesn't let me. I am not the only person who is struggling with the changes made.

I managed to speak to a Customer Services 'real' person yesterday, and he confirmed that there were numerous problems - and he too was experiencing problems. Apparently they are working to rectify these faults, but cannot give a timeline.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I am aware that there are other problems that others have reported along with this specific problem.

The method I posted above still works on my BTMail accounts so it would appear not to be a general issue.

BT are working on fixes and this has been posted on the forum.

Webmail migration update - BT Community

0 Ratings